1.    #1  
    I have P.A.R. for voice recording. It does an alright job when I record to the phone, but it's crappy on SD card. I was thinking I need to get a separate voice recorder, but I'd rather not lug around stand-alone gadget if I don't have to.

Does anyone know of a good voice recorder for the Treo?

Does the T650 do a better job of voice recording?

If I don't end up with Treo-based solution, can you recommend a good voice recorder?
    I recommend Audacity. Works great for me. The 650 has better Audio qualitly than the 600 although I really didn't complain about the 600. Audacity lets you record directly to either internal or external memory. Both Audacity programs come with a conduit although the Professional conduit is much more robust. Easy to use one-handed operation via the navigation pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    I have P.A.R. for voice recording. It does an alright job when I record to the phone, but it's crappy on SD card. I was thinking I need to get a separate voice recorder, but I'd rather not lug around stand-alone gadget if I don't have to.

If I don't end up with Treo-based solution, can you recommend a good voice recorder?
    do you have a fast SD card? make sure you record in 8k to 16khz only and use MONO. Works great for me.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo

I use mVoice often and find the one-button silent recording options (to SD or RAM) very useful. The recordings direct to the SD card is choppy however. The folks at MotionApps blamed my SD card (Sandisk 256mg) for being too slow. Not sure which SD card would be better or faster in writing the data. So I've setup my one-button recording to record to RAM and then after re-listening, I simply move the file to the SD card with one click. An extra step but worth it to get better audio quality recordings.
    You'll find the problem to be with the card, not PAR Pro. A slow card will cause the problems you are having. With my first card, I had to record to memory and then move it to the card. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    You'll find the problem to be with the card, not PAR Pro. A slow card will cause the problems you are having. With my first card, I had to record to memory and then move it to the card. Ben
    That begs the question, which card do you use that will take direct recordings and playbacks without the chop?
    There are a few good ones out there. My suggestion therefore is to do a search for "fastest sd card" and take cruise through the responses. I purchased my 2nd card based on that search. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    There are a few good ones out there. My suggestion therefore is to do a search for "fastest sd card" and take cruise through the responses. I purchased my 2nd card based on that search. Ben
    I will do the search and educate myself on faster SD cards versus my 256mg SanDisk. Thought there'd be no harm in asking the name of the card that you know for certain works with these kinds of recorders.
    I recommend the Audacity recorder with the Sandisk Ultra II SD card. A poor SD card will definitely cause a chopy recording.
    Not meaning to be rude. My first card was purchased with no research on my part; I took it on one person's word. That was a mistake that cost me a bit over $100. The discussion over which card is the best has been on this board in several flavors and discussed in detail. Once you find one that you like (and there are about four really good ones out there), then price will really be the determining factor from the really good ones.

Ben
    Has anyone tried beaming over the Voice Recorder Software from a Zire 72 using Filez?

It would seem to make sense seeing as that the Voice Recorder is made by Palm for a Palm. I wonder how come they didn't include a voice recorder for the Treo 650 when there was one made for the Zire 72.

Any ideas or anyone tried?
    The Palm recorder works but is very crude. As I said above, I recommend Audacity. It costs a little bit of money ($29.99) for the personal version, but it is much more functional. Audacity also has a more expensive Professioanal version $ 99.99 targeted towards professional dictation applications.
    does the registered version of Audacity have the splash screen during start up like the trial version or does it go directly to home screen with the files listed?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    For me the splash screen is very brief. I think it is because I don't keep a lot of files around. I think it is reading the file list when the application is launched. If it needs to organize a lot of files, it takes longer and the splash screen displays longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuter
    The Palm recorder works but is very crude. As I said above, I recommend Audacity. It costs a little bit of money ($29.99) for the personal version, but it is much more functional. Audacity also has a more expensive Professioanal version $ 99.99 targeted towards professional dictation applications.
    You might mention that Audacity only works with Windows computers (probably because of that conduit). They make it impossible to install from a Mac because the downloadable files are in .exe. format
    Audacity does have a MAC version. Go to www.AudacityAudio.com, products, Palm. It is the last item in the list.