Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I just hope that the hard questions are asked and answered.
    I expect general soft Qs and even more generic As like "the majority of palm users don't use WiFi or Blue Tooth" and "We don't foresee a need for additional Memory because it would affect the $600.00 price point" and I expect the standard response to questions will be "This is due to carrier restrictions"
    So what will we ask?
    Will someone ask:

Will the next Treo will have Lynx or win2003 OS.
    Why the delay on the cradle?
    How does PalmOne view users fixing their bugs and their flagship product?
    How does P1 view the large amount of X Treo owners jumping to the PPC MS products.?
    Has the cost of the free 128 SD card changed the profit projections for year.
    Who made the decisions on the Treo650 Palm engineers or x Handspring engineers; were they fired?
    Went to a road show in NYC, those are not the kind of questions these shows are designed to handle, these are more product promotion fluff for corporate users who want to get blackberry type email... They don’t really answer much in the way of anything users of this board would want to know... I wouldn’t bother tuning in, waste of time. It was a little different for the other shows because:

1) Treo 650 was as of then unreleased
    2) You got a Treo 650 for half off if you attended

Neither of these points is true for this web show…

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Well I guess I will check it out
    maybe slid a comment in or two.
    Thank you for registering for palmOne's webinar 'Treo Road Show Highlights.'

Please print this confirmation page for your records. You will also receive
    an e-mail confirmation shortly.

Event Details:

Treo Road Show Highlights
    When: Jan 26, 2004
    Time: 12 PM - 1 PM PST / 3 PM - 4 PM EST
    Who is on the Roadshow web conference now?

Joe Blow checking in
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Well I guess I will check it out
    maybe slid a comment in or two.
    Thank you for registering for palmOne's webinar 'Treo Road Show Highlights.'

Please print this confirmation page for your records. You will also receive
    an e-mail confirmation shortly.

Event Details:

Treo Road Show Highlights
    When: Jan 26, 2004
    Time: 12 PM - 1 PM PST / 3 PM - 4 PM EST
    Can you provide a link to the registration for this webcast? Can't seem to find it on the Palmone site. Can anyone "attend"?

I am unable to access it via the confirmation e-mail they sent me. I get (The information you have entered is invalid or you are unauthorized to view this meeting. Please Try Again.). So I'm trying again.
    I am hooked into the webinar right now, just about to start i assume. will report anything interesting
    From the text chat in the webinar:

Question: But what about the unlocked "generic/unbranded" palmone version?
    Answer: Carrier versions got to come out first. Then we can get it out. Delay is not known...

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    From the text chat in the webinar:

Question: But what about the unlocked "generic/unbranded" palmone version?
    Answer: Carrier versions got to come out first. Then we can get it out. Delay is not known...
    I am logged into the webinar but unable to find the text chat. Could you point me in the right direction? Thank you by the way for the link the registration link.
    View->Panels->Questions&Answers

uestion: Will offer Blackberry support, if so, when?
    Answer: PalmSource, the Palm OS company, is doing a BB client. When the finish they will offer it to licensees like us, Samsung, etc. and we will take a look. We'd like to do it and hoepfully will get to.

Question: will there be both Edge as well as GPRS 650's?
    Answer: The GSM version has an EDGE radio in it.

View->Panels->Questions&Answers
    Hm... using Firefox and do not see the options. But I'll live. Thanks.
    It's in the live meeting console window, where you see the presentation...

I asked via chat if there is any update on the memory and sound quality issues. wonder if they will answer it

Got, just got into the webinar late. Seeing the Q&A now. Thanks.
    P1 won't divulge Cingular release date, but they said to hang in there, it's coming soon.

They mentioned some news coming later about handling the 32MB and NVFS file system changes. Sounds like a software update (coming from Palmsource).
    I asked via chat if there is any update on the memory and sound quality issues. wonder if they will answer it
    I asked the same thing

He just said they are working with PalmSource on a way to use memory more effiecently and "news on that later"
    The folks on the "sharp end of the stick" (the power users) have to wait for the memory fix, but they repeated that it's not a problem for most users

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast