Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'll give it a go. Watch this space.....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Right, here goes. I think this is the appropriate file for GSM:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Can't get it to generate a prc file either, I see the dos window flash, but nothing...
    Don't know if someone mentioned this, but you need to do a soft reset after loading a new splash screen over an old one for the new one to work.

Dumb question: how do you change the resolution of a file to 320x320? I took pictures using my Treo 650's camera, guess they're bigger than 320x320, as the splash screens I created show just a small part of the photo.

*Edit: Of course, I missed reading this part:

14. Do a soft reset on your phone
    Last edited by crenshaw; 11/30/2005 at 09:49 PM.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    you need to edit your pictures in photo editing software. You can use Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro (like me) or using a free open-source editor like GIMP.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Great one step solution!

Also, is there any way to include call duration and etc into the splash screens by default? I've been using one of shadowmite's Sprint splash screens b/c it enables call duration and I would love to be able to integrate that into a custom splash screen... thanks..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    anyone need a custom design let me know..
    hey dport.....check ur messages..........
    i must try this real soon.

i'm amazed at all of your genius, you guys.
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
    Thanks to everyone for all their work and info. I have a Cingular, unlocked currently on T-mobile. Thus far I have been unsuccessful in changing the screen.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    When using that program (create splashscreen zip file):
    "1. Replace splash_off.jpg with the file you want to be the "Phone Off" splash screen.
    2. Replace splash_on.jpg with the file you want to be the "Phone On" splash screen.
    3. Run the create_splash_screen bat file. A black window will flash on the screen for a sec and a couple of seconds later (depending on the speed of your machine) you will see a new file called "Phone_SPCS_Custom.prc" in the directory. It may just be called Phone_SPCS_Custom if you have "Hide extentions of known file types" enabled (it's enabled by default on XP).
    4. Install the newly created Phone_SPCS_Custom.prc on your Treo 650."

You may need a program called FileZ to do #4 above.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    [B]Brilliant!
    Thank you so much, worked like a dream as I did have FileZ already.
    So now my only question is the presence of the cross-hairs (mentioned in a post above) with an angry red line thru them. What is that? Do I need to fear the cross hair?
    Again, many thanks to all you brilliant folks and especially MrC1.
    Bijou
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The crosshair is the icon for "location services not available". You'll see this if you install a CDMA phone splash .prc on a GSM phone. You can ignore it.
    Big sigh of relief.
    Thanks, Holmes4
    Hi..

Is it possible or safe to put the prc into ROM?

ImAd

-----BEGIN PALM CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 1.1
    PC(G) f h b p+ o+ m+
    F- v+ g k r+ c++ n+ t+
    a+ G+ E M DP{Treo650}
    ------END PALM CODE BLOCK------
    I am a contractor for NASA. Here are mine (takeoff = phone on):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Couple other NASA ones (I work at NASA / MSFC).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    this capable of being done on an Alltel treo?
    any screen shots? im not exactly sure what a splash screen is.. .dont wanna download and i dont like want it
    Blessed beyond measure!
    The splash screen is the picture that will flash momentarily when turning the phone on or off. Usually it's your carrier's symbol.

Crappy weather in Atlanta today
    So I imagine you can't rename this thing to the VZW versus the SPCS I mean that's the difference no?

You really cannot ignore anything a splash screen change does. On my phone it made the upper portion where I have the 1x displayed about a character too long and then the light blue area would drop down a bit and the display areas would be offset from each other and from where they were before the splash. this caused my phone app to crash when it would come back to it from certain other apps... I think at that time shadowmite had pointed out the verizon treo splash issues

ICDMA solution is simple? ...um yet?

I could live without one altogether - maybe BSOD or DOS LOAD and new sound for it.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast