Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    there are alot of other files and folders in there what are these for>
    should they be here?
    mt oh and thx a bunch
    The only folder in there that you need to keep is the bin folder, the others are just extras that came with another program, sorry!
    -Cal
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    ahhh still not working any ideas?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    - Invalid handheld file deleted: C:\Program Files\palmOne\mark\Install\PhoneApp_SPCS_Custom.prc
    OK Install with 1 message(s)

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Inbox To Go
    OK Media
    OK Documents To Go
    Outlook Calendar
    - Do Nothing
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Do Nothing
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Do Nothing
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Do Nothing
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Beyond Contacts
    Backup - sync configured to Do Nothing

HotSync operation completed on 02/13/05 16:44:24
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    when i click the the generate i get a flash but nothing is there is there, where is it going? or is it, also i tried installing your file and got the above error
    when i click the the generate i get a flash but nothing is there is there, where is it going? or is it, also i tried installing your file and got the above error
    Th generate.bat file will only flash for a second while it is creating the file. As for the .prc file not working, I'm not sure what the problem is there. It works fine for me.

Are you using Spint Treo or Cingular? I'm not sure if that matters or not, I am using the Sprint Treo. Maybe one o the more technical minded members here will be able to figure out why it is not installing the .prc file correctly on your phone. Sorry!!
    -Cal
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    using sprint and the file does not come into the dir at all i tried using your file and got the error listed above can anyone help me
    mt
  7.    #67  
    using sprint and the file does not come into the dir at all i tried using your file and got the error listed above can anyone help me
    mt
    Are your images smaller than 64K each? Palm records can not exceed this size.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Th generate.bat file will only flash for a second while it is creating the file. As for the .prc file not working, I'm not sure what the problem is there. It works fine for me.

Are you using Spint Treo or Cingular? I'm not sure if that matters or not, I am using the Sprint Treo. Maybe one o the more technical minded members here will be able to figure out why it is not installing the .prc file correctly on your phone. Sorry!!
    Some credit to all the people who worked to mod the screens might be nice in your zip file rather than just copying my instructions word for word [minus the part where I give others credit for their work] and passing the work off as your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayasin
    Some credit to all the people who worked to mod the screens might be nice in your zip file rather than just copying my instructions word for word [minus the part where I give others credit for their work] and passing the work off as your own.
    In the instructions text I included in the zip file I never once mentioned that I was taking credit for the work. It has my email address in the file underneath the words "If you need help or have questions..". I had to edit your .bat instructions anyways because there was an invalid command line that made the .bat useless..but that's besides the point.

I made the zip quickly to help someone who was having trouble with the files you created, not to try and take credit for anything. Besides, I didn't notice you giving any credit to the person who made the src file that you based your instructions on, so I think you need to take a bit of your own advice.

The file was thrown up in a hurry to help someone out on the board, you need to chill out. Just let people benefit from all the contributors of mods or hacks like this instead of bashing poeple who are trying to help improve on or help others more easily configure existing hacks.
    -Cal
  10.    #70  
    In the instructions text I included in the zip file I never once mentioned that I was taking credit for the work.
    The fact that you never cited any source implies the work is original.

The file was thrown up in a hurry to help someone out on the board, you need to chill out. Just let people benefit from all the contributors of mods or hacks like this instead of bashing poeple who are trying to help improve on or help others more easily configure existing hacks.
    I'm not bashing people helping others, just make sure you don't violate licenses (you never mentioned where you got pdbc) or palgerize other peoples posts without pointing to them. I accept that it was put up in a hurry, but it doesn't take any time to say "This info and some files were gathered from posts at TreoCentral" and "PDBC is an open source pdb compiler available at sourceforge".

Rather than continue to respond to this, an appropriate step would be to update your readme to include the above mentioned info.

PS. _I_ generated that src file myself

Rather than continue to respond to this, an appropriate step would be to update your readme to include the above mentioned info.
    Yeah, I'll do that ASAP
    -Cal
    Question: Why would my splash screen go back to the original sprint splash screen? I never did a hard reset or anything like that. Was on my phone for about 2 months. Anyone have a clue?
  13.    #73  
    Did you delete a file called phone_SPCS?
  14.    #74  
    Yeah, I'll do that ASAP
    Good deal
    Hi,

Can I use PDBCompiler same way on the GSM Phone application ?
    (CROW version I mean)
    How can I extract phone source from CROW phone application ?

Thanks...
    I didn't notice any sound resources in the phone database. It may be linking to somewhere else. I might investigate that when I get some time.
    Hi,

has anyone yet found in which database the sound resources are ?

I would like to change my startup/shutdown sounds with star wars lighsaber on/off sounds
    Hi,

I've read what is explained in this thread.

it seems a nice way to change startup/shutdown screens.
    I own a GSM Treo 650 and want to do the same for it.
    I don't know how to get phone_src file.
    I extracted the Phone.prc (is that correct) from ram and now trying to figure out how source file is created. Ayasin says it's done by PDB Disassembler.

please help...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Get Smart screen!
    http://treo.clickonpc.com/images/splash_on.jpg

also get it HERE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JAnderson; 04/14/2005 at 12:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Works great! Thanks to all for your work.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This set of files is specific to Sprint. If someone posts their ATT or Cingular Phone_**** app I'll be happy to take a look at moding and adding it to the program. Ideally the bat file could generate all three splash screens at a single go.
    First, thank you for your great tool "one stop shop". But I have to use ##ERR instead of #*ERR, hence I would like to have a tool for GSM.

I attached here 1 pair which I found in my treo 650 Cingular. I don't know which one is the one you need, then, all of them are here.

BTW, is there anyway that you can also include the way to change the Dial pad in your "one shop stop" tool?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by treoluv; 09/26/2005 at 02:42 PM.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast