Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    That's funny, I called PalmOne last Oct when I got my 600 and asked them about the antenna jack and they told me the same thing: that's it's a test port and not an antenna jack. However, months later PalmOne is selling a car kit for the 600 with external antenna that plugs into that "test port" Hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by dj81462
    FWIW...I just spoke to a Palmone tech and asked exactly what type connector is used on the 650 for the external antenna jack. What he told me is this was not an external antenna jack. The connector is used for trouble shooting RF problems, not for use with an external antenna.

That's not to say it doesn't feed into the same circuit and could possible work with an antenna, but he clearly stated the jack on the 650 was not intended to work with an external antenna.

Again, just relaying what I was told by Palmone. Any thoughts or clarification??

DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    VaccPalm, the adapter in your link is most likely made by Wilson for the 600. I've found that it works in neithe the 600 or the 650 without modification. read my first post above. ymmv. . . . That's true only f you have an adapter cable that makes a good connection between the antenna and Treo.
    Could you please explain how to make the modification? I have two of these adapters and neither one seems to work with my Treo 600. What is it you cut down? The white plastic sleeve? (I don't know what a delrin ring is.)

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  3.    #43  
    NateS, did you ever get your ext. antenna setup to work? I may be selling my panel antenna with 30 ft of coax, the antenna adapter cable and the barrel adapter (pics in first post of this thread). Since the purpose of all this hardware was to get a signal at the ski lodge in VT, which proved not possible because there is NO signal in that location, I won't need it anymore. If anyone is interested please email me.
    I taked to Wilson last week and they told me the connector for the 650 is going to production in a week or two. They should be avialable within the next 2-4 weeks. I will update everyone when they do.
    Last edited by Scottydon't; 03/21/2005 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    NateS, did you ever get your ext. antenna setup to work? I may be selling my panel antenna with 30 ft of coax, the antenna adapter cable and the barrel adapter (pics in first post of this thread). Since the purpose of all this hardware was to get a signal at the ski lodge in VT, which proved not possible because there is NO signal in that location, I won't need it anymore. If anyone is interested please email me.
    I have emailed you.

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123