Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    If you send me your skin case, I will make you one that will work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by N7AS
    Will it work with the TC S650 Skin Case?
  2.    #22  
    I have the Treo 650 Rosewood cradle finished. All functions tested and working great! See Pics. It has:

1. USB sync and charge
    2. 3.5 mm stereo output.
    3. take apart for space efficient transport

Here's what the cradle can do:

1. Sync and charge via USB port- laptop or desktop. Charge via USB home or car charger .

2. Play MP3 audio via stereo headphones (3.5 mm), computer or home sound system.

3. The Treo speakerphone still works while in the cradle.

Please email me for price and to place an order.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it still looks like something I made in my 6th grade woodshop class...very neat though...
    I want a desktop cradle with 2nd battery charging slot, audio out port and professional look. Thus, I basically want some one to hack the OEM 650 deskto cradle to have audio out! NewTreouser, you did this in the past with the 600 cradle, why don't you consider doing so wih the 650 OEM cradle?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #25  
    Gfunk, I would if I could get my hands on one. Anyone have a P1 cradle to send me? As a proof of feasibility, I will hack it for just the cost of parts and send it back to you.

Pm or email me
    I've been really disappointed with the sync'n'charge cables I bought from TreoCentral. They are OK for synching but the contact for charging gets pushed in to the case after just a few uses and then it won't charge. I took one apart to see why and it's a clear design flaw - there's nothing to hold that contact forwards.
    Is the cable attachment you are using designed more solidly, in some way?
    Thanks!
  7.    #27  
    I am not familiar with the sync'n'charge cables from TreoCentral. The one I am using on Rosewood cradle is robust and has been problem free in all areas:

USB sync
    USB charge
    Audio output 3.5 mm jack

Get one while you can. It looks much nicer than the bulky OEM cradle. Takes very little space in your computer bag and your can don't need to carry the AC charger with you.

OK, so my cradle does not charge a second battery. With the long battery life of the 650 and if you have a cradle at home/office/car like me, the battery is always 80% or higher and a second battery is absolutely not necessary. It's just another thing to lug around, worry about and lose. Who needs that?

Quote Originally Posted by busadreamer
    I've been really disappointed with the sync'n'charge cables I bought from TreoCentral. They are OK for synching but the contact for charging gets pushed in to the case after just a few uses and then it won't charge. I took one apart to see why and it's a clear design flaw - there's nothing to hold that contact forwards.
    Is the cable attachment you are using designed more solidly, in some way?
    Thanks!
    I Love It!
    Gimme 2.

I had already solidly requested 1 with an unwillingness to commit to 2 untill I saw one.
    Now I am officially upping my order to 2.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
  9.    #29  
    KEYofR, please email me. Cool Avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYofR
    I Love It!
    Gimme 2.

I had already solidly requested 1 with an unwillingness to commit to 2 untill I saw one.
    Now I am officially upping my order to 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I want a desktop cradle with 2nd battery charging slot, audio out port and professional look. Thus, I basically want some one to hack the OEM 650 deskto cradle to have audio out! NewTreouser, you did this in the past with the 600 cradle, why don't you consider doing so wih the 650 OEM cradle?
    Gfunk, i'm going to be on this like white on rice once i get my Treo 650 cradle. I did it to my Treo 600 cradle and it turned out pretty sweet. I'll post pics when I am done with it.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I just received my 2 rosewood cradles and anyone who thinks they don't look good because they are wood is an *****. They look BETTER because they are wood, because they are not pine or particlebord but nice tung oiled rosewood and the jointwork is something else. There is a spot on the sides where 4 pieces of wood touch each other, and there are NO gaps or seams.

I have had the power pins on 2 different seidio products go bad in exactly the same way after just a few uses, including the $80 car cradle. The plug he used in the rosewood cradle looks to be of a different manufacturer, but in all honesty, I can't quite tell just from looking. I raised this point in email and he said he knows about the issue and the parts don't come from Seidio and the pin is embedded in resin and can't be pushed in like on all the Seidio plugs. I just performed 20 or so insertions and it's still perfect and both my Seidio car cradle and ziplinq cables were dead before that many uses.

I much prefer this thing on my desk than another chunk of black plastic.
    Code:
  12.    #32  
    Hey Brian, I am glad you like the cradle. I am not making anymore of these since they are are a of work and more trouble than it's worth. Only a select few is enjoying this cradle. One of the best feature about it is the small size for travelling. I'd hate to lug the PalmOne cradle around on a trip, especially with all the cables and charger required..
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Hey Brian, I am glad you like the cradle. I am not making anymore of these since they are are a of work and more trouble than it's worth. Only a select few is enjoying this cradle. One of the best feature about it is the small size for travelling. I'd hate to lug the PalmOne cradle around on a trip, especially with all the cables and charger required..
    Whay don't you just get a sync and charge cable? they work like a charm for me. but i like your handy work with that cadle you made
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I wouldn't drag this around for travel either. I use a charge/sync cable for travel and my 2 rosewood cradles are for my desk at work and my home. I really could have used 3 or 4! My office at home, next to my couch at home, next to my bed at home, and my desk at work. But I decided to control myself and not grab 4 out of only 10 units he was going to make!

But even if I had 4 units, I'd still only use a cable for travel.
    Code:
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    A WARNING to ALL! Do Not Buy This cable......

I unfortunately became interested in this cable built by newtreouser. After sending him multiple emails about its construction and functionality, I paid for one of the cables for my Treo 650. As part of my emails to him, he stated that the cable was compatible with a 'headset' with the pigtail port. When I received the cable, it was not compatible and didn't work as specified. The cable was also poorly constructed. After emailing newtreouser a couple of time, he finally sent me his address to return the cable to him for a refund. I returned it, he acknowledged return receipt and still has yet to send me a refund, and it's been 3 months now!!!! I continue to email him but now he ignores my emails!!!

This guy is a total scam. Not to mention, this cable is poorly designed and it's not worth the price. The connector is shoddy and the craftsmanship for the pigtail is poor at best. HEADS UP AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12