1.    #1  
    I know that there is a volume issue with the Treo 650 and bluetooth headsets, but that aside, I'm thinking of trying out a BT headset. Is any one better or worse than the others? Does anyone here have any recommendations as to which one might be best to get and/or avoid?
    Regards,

Robert
    I like my Sony HBH-660. Get them as cheap as $99 if you look hard enough.

The only thing I dislike, is the volume issue, but that's Palms fault. Also if you are in a heavy wi-fi environment expect a lot of crackling. These two issues I blame on palm. The treo 650 has not implemented the bluetooth 1.2 firmware that was recently released for its bluetooth chip. Because of this it can't frequency hop. If you get interference, you're screwed.

Again I'm sure those two issues are related to most BT headsets, but most people I've seen on here, as far as the headsets themselves go, think that the Sony HBH-660 is quite good.

In my own testing I can use it lightly for 2, even 3 days without charging it (I don't always talk with it). It easily outlasts the treo 650's battery for talk time so no issues there.

Thanks palm for the partially useful Bluetooth lol.

Actually in my car it works great, since I don't have a hotspot in my car lol. With the mute trick I find that there is nothing better in life than not having to pulkl a damn cord about your seatbelt from your hip, or fumble for the friggin thing in your pocket.

One button answer, talk about keeping both hands on the wheel. Especially when the guy who paid to much for his beamer thinks he's got one up on you and you have to tell your caller to hold on for moment.

Hope this odd opinion helps :-p
    I just bought a Jabra 250 (I believe it is) and I love it. Really light weight, one button to answer and hang up calls and a volume control on it as well. I get a bit of interference at home if I use it because of a wireless network, but still pretty good. I like that is light, rounded, and the gels give you two options for the inner ear.

I highly recommend it at $99.
    Although I hate Motorola phones with a passion, I actually like the Motorola Bluetooth® Headset HS810 - 98565H

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/2557/...cc_syn9826.jpg

I got it for fairly cheap... $65 I think, but thats from a friend at a cell phone store. The thing I like about it is that you can close the microphone "boom" which turns off the device and if the buttons are accidently pushed, it wont drain the battery. Works perfectly fine for me and looks better than some of the other ones I was looking at.
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

•[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]•
    Quote Originally Posted by djenders
    I just bought a Jabra 250 (I believe it is) and I love it. Really light weight, one button to answer and hang up calls and a volume control on it as well. I get a bit of interference at home if I use it because of a wireless network, but still pretty good. I like that is light, rounded, and the gels give you two options for the inner ear.

I highly recommend it at $99.
    Sounds like you got the general retail version of the jabra 250. The p1 version has "auto-link.

See this thread for details:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69894
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I use the Cardo that TreoCentral sells. I like it. There is static, but whatever. It is loud enough to use, which is the most important thing. If I can't hear the thing, it doesn't matter if it's crystal clear. :-)
    I wholeheartedly recommend the HBH-660 with Jabra Eargels. This combo is easy to use (don't need to deal with an earloop), fits well, and connects VERY quickly to the 650. I tried the Moto HS810 because I really like the form factor and flip idea, but it's connection with the 650 was very slow and unreliable. You can pickup a SE HBH-660 for $75 from Dan's on eBay...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Tried Jabra 250; hated it. Good form factor; bad, bad, bad connection.
    Next Moto 810 and 820: Great form factor; great connection....until you go outside. ambient noise makes it impossible to hear. also, why, oh why, can't we voice dial?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I purchased a JABRA BT 200 over a year ago for my Treo 600. The BT 200 is the model for non-bluetooth phones. I was very happy with it on the Treo 600, but battery life really was awful, and using it with the big disk and cord were kind of awkward. The actual function of the BT 200 was fine.

When I got a Treo 650, I simply paired the BT 200 with the Treo and was up and running in a minute. Battery life is MUCH better without the non- blutooth adaptor, which is now just the charger that I keep at home.

Volume on the BT 200 is MORE THAN ENOUGH. I keep the volume on the phone quite low when using it and never have a problem hearing anyone. Sound quality on the other end is great as well. No one has ever complained, and they can't tell if I'm in my office and I change over to the BT 200 from the phone itself.

For comfort, it's great for me. I'm sure this is kind of personal, but I like the ear gel that kind of seals off the ambient sounds around me. It stays in place and things like hats and sunglasses don't get in the way. Personally, I don't like the look of the "over the ear" systems that look like something from "The Terminator". With the BT 200, most of your ear is visible and there's not a big plastic thing stuck on the side of your head.

There often is more static with this than there was using ot on the Treo 600. I find that the phone needs to be within a few feet of the BT 200 to not have static. If I walk around the office with the phone in my posket and the BT 200 in my ear, there's no problem. Same thing if the phone's in the cup holdr of the car. Move 10' away, and there is too much static. I could NEVER get 30' away. I assume this is the Treo and not the BT 200, so you will probably have similar problems with most any BT headset until Palm fixes our 650's.
    I like my Motorola HS 820. Its very small, loud (when you do they mute dance to get the volume punched on the phone) and doesn't block out my right ear. I hate headsets that make it so you can't hear anything but the headset.

Been using it for about a month. VERY low interference problems. Just quiet. But you can thank Palm for that one...
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Price wise the the Scarla 500 a No nonsense bt headset , the thing just works. Very adaptable to fit unlike some (HBH660), where you pretty much have to buy ear gels to make it work. Motorola 810/820 both are very soft and alot of static. (tried both and returned)

*still owner of the HBH660 and scala but prefer the scala. Have tried Slicksounds and eargels but still never got it to fit the way the scala does . HBH660 is Double the price of the Scarla.
    I love the SCALA 500

I have tried the Moto 810 and 850, and have been disappointed with both ------ the volume is way too low on both, and the connection speeds take forever

The Scala connects quickly and the volume is very good ---- VERY LOUD with the Mute Fix

I highly recommend the Scala - for the price, you really can't beat it!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I just got this one yesterday

http://www.get-accessories.com/image...rge/970955.gif

2 more hours of battery life but the black is more important
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

•[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]•
    The TreoStore now has both P1 and general retail versions of the jabra bt250:

P1 (with "auto link"):http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-31--180.htm

general retail (withOUT "auto link"):http://store.treocentral.com/content.../11-31--93.htm
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.