1.    #1  
    I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be, I have a Lexar 1 GB SD card that I'm using for my Treo 650.

Recently I was noticing that every other time I saved files to it using my Sandisk card reader, the entire card would become corrupted, you'd see weird characters listed for all the files, and everything would have to be formatted.

I was assuming it was the card, but then I tried a different memory reader (off-brand) without any problems. Is there a known issue with using a lexar card in a sandisk memory reader or something i should do differently
    I am having the same issue with the SanDisk ImageMate SDDR-73. It occurrs with either the SanDisk 512M card or Simple Image 128M card. Did I understand you correctly that the corruption of your card did not occur with a "non" SanDisk card reader, if so can you let me know the brand.
    Do you right click on the drive and "eject" before pulling the card out? Try that..
    I had a similar problem. Weird files with weird file names. It was a 512 card.

I formatted the card, but I think I lost some megs of space on it for good.
    You should be able to setup the card reader drive so that it doesn't cache changes in memory. This would cause all changes to the card to be done immediately, so ejecting wouldn't be necessary.
  6.    #6  
    I will back up my card and try these suggestions tonight when I get home from work. I'm not sure the brand of the other memory reader I used because I was just borrowing it for a day.
    Late reply, but I've noticed that some older USB SD card readers don't handle cards larger than 256mb. I have an Atech 10-in-1 that works perfectly.