1.    #1  
    ok... I have uploaded a new rom to my phone and now I cant perform a hard reset... tried everything... I dont have my sync cable so the "Zero out" option is unavailable.... Any sotware or ## codes that will let me do it??

TIA

Lucas
    Sorry about your current prediciment. Just curious, was this a 'standard' Shadowmite ROM or your own using the new tool?

Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    ok... I have uploaded a new rom to my phone and now I cant perform a hard reset... tried everything... I dont have my sync cable so the "Zero out" option is unavailable.... Any sotware or ## codes that will let me do it??

TIA

Lucas
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Have you tried removing/replacing the battery while holding down the appropriate button(s) on the Treo?
    The problem I had w/ not being able to perform a hard reset is that I was either not holding down the power button long enough or I was holding down too long. You need to hold it down and release it a second or so after the grey Palm logo comes on.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield

TIA

Lucas
    What is the "Zero out" option that you are refering to?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  6.    #6  
    I have tried all combinations..... No luck... here is the zero out option....
    Anyone have a ## code or prc that will perform a hard reset?

Zero Out

1. Read through these instructions before attempting the reset. We made this method of zero out reset extremely awkward to perform, so that it would not happen by accident. You may need the help of a dextrous friend if you find it too difficult to do by yourself.
    2. Connect your device to its HotSync cable or cradle. The HotSync cable does not need to be connected to your PC, and it does not need to be connected to power.
    3. Press and hold the Power button and UP on the 5-way navigator.
    4. While continuing to hold Power and UP, press and hold the HotSync button on the HotSync cable or cradle. As you press HotSync, make sure your other finger doesn't slide to LEFT or RIGHT on the 5-way navigator; it needs to be exactly on UP during the entire process. Although you are pressing the HotSync button, a HotSync operation should not begin.
    5. While continuing to hold Power, UP and HotSync, press and release the RESET button on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?). This is very difficult to do with only one person; you may wish to hold the stylus in your mouth and use your hands to press Power, UP and HotSync.
    6. Release Power, UP and HotSync.
    7. If you did this reset correctly, the screen of your device will go blank, and you will not be able to turn it on. The charging LED will not light up, even if it's connected to power. It will appear to be "dead." (any other activity such as the Palm OS logo or a rainbow-colored Boot Log screen appearing means the reset was performed incorrectly; try again)
    8. Your device will appear "dead" for several minutes (up to 10 minutes). During this time, your device's internal memory is being reformatted. If your device doesn't appear "dead" for several minutes with the screen completely blank, the zero out reset was performed incorrectly; try again.
    9. After several minutes, your device will "wake up" and the palmOne and Palm Powered logos will appear as if you had performed a hard reset. Eventually, you'll be taken to a series of screens to calibrate the touchscreen and set date & time.
    palmOne logo screenshot Palm Powered logo screenshot Touchscreen calibration screenshot
    10. If you want your handheld to remain in factory state, stop here. If you want to restore data to your device, follow the steps for recovering after a hard reset (a zero out reset is a special type of hard reset).
    Yep, doing a hard reset is different on the 650. I had to call Sprint CS.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Thanks dcopperfield, didn't know that one.

But, geekymom, doing a hard reset is the same on my T650 as it has been on every Palm OS pda that I have owned:

Hold down the power button while using the stylus to soft reset. Then when the Palm logo comes on the screen, you release the power button the the pda will ask you to press the up button to erase all data---->Hard Resett.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.