Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just bought a 1Gb SD card & I've run out of ideas what to put on it. I already put all my favourite songs & that fills 200Mb. I put a large dictionary (10Mb). & that's it. I'm starting to regret buying this card when I don't even have anything to put on it. I hate it when I buy things on impulse. I even went back to my trusty 64Mb card because at least in it I put my most most favourite songs & so I don't have to choose from the list of so many songs in the 1Gb card, the songs that I wanna listen to. So, what else do you guys put on your SD card?
    I have MP3's, Ringtones (edited MP3s), all my pictures, Several programs using Power Run, a copy of PDANET, Backup Man files, and a few Movie Rec files. and this fills up a 256 card i have... if you want I'll trade with you! that way you won't be wasting all that memory, it's already grounded down so that the premature ejection does not occur :-D
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I use ZLauncher to load my apps on my one gig card, plus MP3s and movies, which tend to be quite large. Currently, I have Kill Bill I, Harry Potter III, and two episodes of the first Soprano's season. I am thinking of picking up a couple of additional cards to allow me to dedicate a couple to music and one to videos. Pocket DVD and MMPlayer are a great combination!
    My 1gb card is half full and I have about 200 programs on it (mostly games) using zlauncher to move them back when in use, maybe 10 or 15 songs just to impress people with the mp3 playback. The best of my cheesey vacation pictures, and I am about to put a tv show or two on it just for the extra geek factor. ( we have a running comp at work on who has the best cell phone, and what things it will do.)
    I have two books from Audible.com (quality 3), 4 ephisodes of "Stargate SG1" and 2 ephisodes of "West Wing" from the DVDs (converted with Pocket DVD for use on MMPlayer), the latest Harry Potter movie, about 50 MP3s, a ton of pictures, about 100 mb of voice notes recorded, a subdirectory with about 200 megs of personal files that i carry around and transfer back and forth with Card Export II, plus about 35 programs that run directly from the card. I a;sp have a complete baclup of my TREO\memor using BackupBuddy VFS. This leaves me with about 1/3 gb left.

Looking for more needed info....

I also have a 512 mb card that I'll trade you for your 1 gb card. I carry a second card in my Innopocket hard case with a couple of other DVD ephisodes, more MP3s and another complete TREO backup via BackupBuddy.
    so maybe you and I do an exchange eh ...you get my 256 mb card and goowill for your 1 gb card and all the regrets eh ...

seriously though.. I just moved up from 256 to 1 gb and I am already upto 800 mb...and the rest is just in case I want to record anything.... I mostly have mp3z (I have 20 gb worth so its only 1/25 of my collection in the SD card) ..so mobiledb databases and some seinfeld episodes I can watch using mmplayer...

You can never run out options to fill storage space....
    Quote Originally Posted by RTip10
    I also have a 512 mb card that I'll trade you for your 1 gb card.
    I have two 256 mb card that I would trade you for your 512 mb card. I'll even throw in a free 128 mb card
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I've always meaning to watch videos on my Treo. Now that I hv all the space, guess I'll start trying encoding all the videos. Hope it's not too time-consuming. Thanx guys for ur inputs.
    P/s: sorry, but I don't intend to trade my card. I'll keep on finding ways to fill it to the max :-)
    Here are my plans for now: videos, pictures, full back-up, programs that can be run on cards, voice records, audible (want this but I heard it's costly, so maybe will hold first)
    Palm Vx (2000)> Handspring Treo 600 (2003)> Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket Loox T830 (16th October 2006)
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    People buy iPods with 40GB or 60GB of space. Surely you can fill your 1GB card with MP3s. That's what I intend to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    People buy iPods with 40GB or 60GB of space. Surely you can fill your 1GB card with MP3s. That's what I intend to do.
    Then the whole Idea of "Convergence" goes out the window. I am happy with my custom head phones, 256mb (though i want a 1gb) sd card, and the Ipods cannot play video. Besides I paid $250 for my Treo 600 i'm not about to go out and get a $299 mp3 player.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Don't forget NesEm roms!
    Quote Originally Posted by alfanatic
    I use ZLauncher to load my apps on my one gig card, plus MP3s and movies, which tend to be quite large. Currently, I have Kill Bill I, Harry Potter III, and two episodes of the first Soprano's season. I am thinking of picking up a couple of additional cards to allow me to dedicate a couple to music and one to videos. Pocket DVD and MMPlayer are a great combination!
    OMG I just got both Pocket DVD and MMplayer, how fun!!! I just have a 128 meg, but I'm headed out to buy my 1gig tonight!!! Awesome....I guess you can do about... what... 8-10 movies on 1 gig?

Bek

PS, can you put/run apps from the SD card as well? I know some things have to be on the internal memory, but I'm going to need more space.. is there a general rule for putting things on the SD card and being able to use them flawlessly? Are there any catches to putting stuff on the card... ?
    I have:
    • All my favorite programs and loads of games loaded on my card.
    • I have a BT GPS unit, so I have maps for 4 states loaded.
    • I currently have two movies on there...Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Carribean.
    • Several MP3 Audio books...great will resting on a plane.
    • I have about 300-400 mb of music MP3s (which I had to be VERY selective to get it down to that)
    • Plus I keep at least 3 days worth of complete backups
    If I end up needing more room, like to load another state map or something, I just delete some MP3 to make room.

I am actually thinking of getting a second card....the new 2 gig card. I would use the 1 gig for my programs, backups, etc... and fill the second one with movies and MP3s.
    Hobbes- I have Nemo and (disney) Tarzan on my card. Nemo is the best...and I love the "wow" factor when I show it to people!
    I know exactly what you mean by the Wow Factor....I actually have the PPC-6601 with a larger screen that goes landscape. I just loved it the other day when I had to take my 3 yr old to the doctors with me. While we were in the room waiting I put on Nemo and handed the phone to my son to entertain him.

The doctor came in and I saw him keep on looking over at what my son had and what he was watching. Then when it rang and I answered it as a phone, his mouth just dropped. It was great.
    LOL
    That's great! Over Christmas break we went back east to my inlaws and saw all my husband's high school buddies who all work in Manhattan now. (Im the southern belle from Texas.) They were all comparing their phones (razor, new blackberry, etc) and I pulled out my treo and played finding nemo and audible.com (da vinci code). They were so impressed that they all agreed I had the coolest phone-the chick won the techno show off battle !

I think I made a few sales for P1...
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Then the whole Idea of "Convergence" goes out the window. I am happy with my custom head phones, 256mb (though i want a 1gb) sd card, and the Ipods cannot play video. Besides I paid $250 for my Treo 600 i'm not about to go out and get a $299 mp3 player.

Timmay
    Huh? What does that have to do with my post? My point was people buy iPods with 40x and 60x times the storage space of a 1GB SD Card and somehow manage to fill them. Therefore it shouldn't be too hard to fill a 1 GB card considering the 650 will have more than MP3s on it. Heck, I have 4 CDs on my 650 at 128 Kb and they're already taking up 278 MB.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    is there a difference between audible a audio book?
    Palm Vx (2000)> Handspring Treo 600 (2003)> Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket Loox T830 (16th October 2006)
    Quote Originally Posted by emy_77
    is there a difference between audible a audio book?
    You can get audio books and audio subscriptions on audible.com and play them on your Treo.
    Yeah, I wish I could get a 60GB SD card for my Treo!! I no doubt would fill it with MP3's.