You just beat me to it...I ordered mine along with a 2 GB SD card, total was $216.95 including handling fee - shipping is "free" though.

By the end of the week I should have 2 Jabra BT250s and the Scala 500 to compare against my existing Motorola.
    I too ordered mine a few hours ago and it has already shipped. Hopefully it went from their California warehouse and I might have it tomorrow.
    Great find, thanks much and now all that i need is an adaptor for my 600, looking for the Jabra a210 bluetooth adaptor, anyone know the best/cheapest place for that? thanks
    I just got my Scala-500 yesterday and its giving me nothing but problems. I'm about to send it back. First of all, its just plain uncomfortable. I like to keep my headset on my ear so I'm not fumbling for it when a call comes in and I can't wear this all day without my ear killing me. I'm taking it off every couple of hours to give my ear a break. There's no padding or anything!

Second, it doesn't answer calls consistently! Sometimes it'll answer right when I push the button, other times it takes so long that I'm afraid it isn't working so I end up pulling my phone out anyway. Sometimes when I pull my phone out and answer it as soon as I hit the send button on the phone the headset picks up, sometimes it picks up after a few words (gets confusing). Today its started singing songs to me instead of picking up the call! I think that its ringing, so instead of picking up the call when I hit the button it just connects to the phone and then rings through the headset! Then i've got to pull out the phone and hit send before it'll answer it, and again sometimes it picks up the call when I hit the send button and sometimes it waits for a few seconds.

My wife called me today and it was acting up. First it wouldn't answer the call (I hit the button when the phone started ringing, then hit it again after 3 rings, then went for the phone). Then after I got the phone out and hit send it DID grab the call, but I couldn't hear anything! It turned its own volume way down for some reason! Grrr. Oh, and before I got to the send button it started singing the little song to me! SOOO FRUSTRATING!!! It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was going on, I knew I'd answered the call, the timer was going, but I couldn't hear anything. I finally figured out that the headset had the call and I tried the volume and my wife was thinking I was going crazy or something because I kept saying "hello? hello?" and she was saying "I'm right here!"

Making calls is a whole 'nother set of frustrations! I've tried it a couple of different ways. First dial and hit send, then hit the headset button. Sometimes that works and sometimes it hangs up the call. First hit the button and then dial and hit send, again, sometimes it works and sometimes it hangs up the call. Trying to get it to work with VoiceDial is a whole different problem (you have to speak the commands at the phone and then get it to hand the call off to the headset).

Also, sometimes it seems that the headset maintains its connection to the phone, other times it doesn't. And the audio quality is not as great as I thought it would be from reading posts on TC. I used a BT200 with my 7135 for a while and that gave better audio quality.

I'm just about ready to just pack this thing back up and send it back, then put in an order for the new Jabra BT800.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat
    I just got my Scala-500 yesterday and its giving me nothing but problems. I'm about to send it back. First of all, its just plain uncomfortable. I like to keep my headset on my ear so I'm not fumbling for it when a call comes in and I can't wear this all day without my ear killing me. I'm taking it off every couple of hours to give my ear a break. There's no padding or anything!

Second, it doesn't answer calls consistently! Sometimes it'll answer right when I push the button, other times it takes so long that I'm afraid it isn't working so I end up pulling my phone out anyway. Sometimes when I pull my phone out and answer it as soon as I hit the send button on the phone the headset picks up, sometimes it picks up after a few words (gets confusing). Today its started singing songs to me instead of picking up the call! I think that its ringing, so instead of picking up the call when I hit the button it just connects to the phone and then rings through the headset! Then i've got to pull out the phone and hit send before it'll answer it, and again sometimes it picks up the call when I hit the send button and sometimes it waits for a few seconds.

My wife called me today and it was acting up. First it wouldn't answer the call (I hit the button when the phone started ringing, then hit it again after 3 rings, then went for the phone). Then after I got the phone out and hit send it DID grab the call, but I couldn't hear anything! It turned its own volume way down for some reason! Grrr. Oh, and before I got to the send button it started singing the little song to me! SOOO FRUSTRATING!!! It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was going on, I knew I'd answered the call, the timer was going, but I couldn't hear anything. I finally figured out that the headset had the call and I tried the volume and my wife was thinking I was going crazy or something because I kept saying "hello? hello?" and she was saying "I'm right here!"

Making calls is a whole 'nother set of frustrations! I've tried it a couple of different ways. First dial and hit send, then hit the headset button. Sometimes that works and sometimes it hangs up the call. First hit the button and then dial and hit send, again, sometimes it works and sometimes it hangs up the call. Trying to get it to work with VoiceDial is a whole different problem (you have to speak the commands at the phone and then get it to hand the call off to the headset).

Also, sometimes it seems that the headset maintains its connection to the phone, other times it doesn't. And the audio quality is not as great as I thought it would be from reading posts on TC. I used a BT200 with my 7135 for a while and that gave better audio quality.

I'm just about ready to just pack this thing back up and send it back, then put in an order for the new Jabra BT800.
    1, Comfort level, everyones ear is different so just bend and lower the earhook till you can get it right? otherwise maybe is not right for you.

2. In prefs do you have the handsfree setting answer immediately (auto answer) or 1-2 rings I find 1-2 rings plays music (through headset) answer immediately NO music, answers within approx 3 PHONE rings.? Do you want the phone to auto answer or not,use the handsfree prefs.

3. With the Scala there is approx 2 sec delay in recieving calls look at Bluetooth icon at the top RHS does it change to square outlined icon? it should pick up.

4. Volume should never go down by itself ?

5. Never heard music making a call? could be a problem

6. You should be able to dial out and NOT touch the headset button just look at the icon there will be that delay then connection

Otherwise call Scarla Tech support they are very helpful.

Hope this helps a little bit
    Last edited by sjjones; 01/21/2005 at 10:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat

I was having similar problems (and I'm not ALL TOO HAPPY with my Scala either, very crackly which I heard was NOT supposed to be a problem) and I had to delete the entire profile for the Scala and let the phone re pair with the headset.. things seem to be pretty flawless since - except the crackling AND that stupid little ringer in the headset never plays for me anymore, but that had stopped before I had to re pair the two.
    edit: HEYYY I just checked my preferences and it was DISABLED!!!!! NO wonder the music stopped!! Wonder how that happened..hmm....
    Bek
    The Cardo Scala 500 is now on back order, thanks to you, fellow TreoLanders.

But I managed to order it anyway for the $36; a few minutes before the bargain countdown ended. I hate when I get charged sales tax just coz I'm in California and so many online dealers are either here, or have an office in Cali.
    I just checked and it says they have 75 in stock.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I only got this one too as I had heard it was perfect.. but.. I GET CRACKLING!
    Any ideas on how to fix that?
    Beach Computers
    Affordable online solutions.
    Visit us today for great web hosting deals:
    http://www.beachcomp.com