Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PqDVD released pocket dvd version 3.0, just wondering if anyone tried it yet. I am just a little skeptical about trying it on my computer, with all the bugs the 2.x version had, and according to other threads their support team doesn't seem too supportive.
    I have downloaded the latest version of Pocket DVD - did it on Monday.

It works flawlessly. I am going on a business trip today, and am all set to watch Office Space on the plane on my 650.
    I am having constant crashes about 10 seconds into encoding. What navigator are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    I have downloaded the latest version of Pocket DVD - did it on Monday.

It works flawlessly. I am going on a business trip today, and am all set to watch Office Space on the plane on my 650.

Is there anyway you could give me a quick "how to" on this program? I have it and started to "record" Napoleon Dynamite - the trial stops after 11 minutes of encoding which is fine, but I wanted to send just that little bit to the Treo to see if it worked right, and it didn't show up - or it's hidden on my Treo somewhere where I can't find it - It said I was out of space, but I have 30 meg free on my card, and the file was only 11 meg... At the end of the install, it also asked me if I wanted Xivc or something to for "codecs" ?? What is this? Am I supposed to do something else after I record the dvd before putting it on the palm?

Thanks!
    Bek
    I think the demo only works for 10 secs or so...
    What I have found is this. If you use the Divx codec, the program crashes very quickly (10 seconds is generous). When I have used the XVid codec (the one that they seem to favor on their web site) it actually rips without crashing. However, the XVid codec stinks with Pocket DVD, the sound is almost constantly out of sync and the video jumps around trying to catch up.

I never had any luck with 2.x of this program, and there wasn't any compelling reason to upgrade from 1.x to make it worth hastling the manufacturer. 3.0 is a little more compelling to switch to, but it ins't working for me. I would love to go back, yet again, to 1.x but they have removed the link.

DISAPOINTED!
    I use Pocket DVD 2.x with divx codecs no problems ever...
    I have PowerDVD 5.0 and using DIvx 5.2.1 I get crashes on PocketDVD 3.0 after 10 seconds using trial version. Not sure what to do at this point.
    PowerDVD is a player by Cyberlink, correct ?

There was a fix patch for computers running Cyberlink PowerDVD and DivX on their site.

http://support.divx.com/cgi-bin/divx...hZ2U9MQ**&p_li=
    I downloaded the patch and same thing after 5-6sec of encoding I get a Windows explorer error and that's it
    I saw the program CarryDVD on the Palmgear website. It looks a lot like Pocket DVD. Has anyone tried it?

I gave up on Pocket DVD after 1.26. While I understand the developer made the changes to avoid DCMA problems, he really should be smacked for failing to provide any support to his customers. Reports from the boards show that he rarely, if at all, replies to support requests.
    The error I get from Microsoft involves ntdll.dll? I am using Windows XP home with all SP and updates. Anyone else have this problem. I tried CarryDVD briefly and it was ok but I did not like output quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by investwisely
    I downloaded the patch and same thing after 5-6sec of encoding I get a Windows explorer error and that's it
    Try encoding single pass, not 2-pass, under advanced settings encode.
    I am using 1 pass, Divx portable 320x240. same setting I use for Virtual dub, and no problems. Something weird is happening.
    Try this, the free K-Lite codec pack...

http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm#klcodec

included are DivX and Xvid that work and don't crash for me, where DivX was crashing for me and Xvid was always out of sync.

I'm using PockedDVD 3.0 fine.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    the XVid codec stinks with Pocket DVD, the sound is almost constantly out of sync and the video jumps around trying to catch up.
    For me the trick was to use a Navigator, Video decoder, and Audio decoder all from the same company (InterVideo in my case) under Option->DVD Settings (for versions 2.X and 3.0), as suggested at the bottom of that panel. The xvid codec works great for me now.

Also, there is a 3.0 build 2 version of PocketDVD available now - have people who are having trouble with 3.0 tried it?
    I can get xvid to work fine. Looks like DIVX is the problem. Can anyone else try Pocket DVD 3.0 with DIVX and get it to work? What Navigator do you have? I tried to download Intervideo WinDVD but there trial link is hosed.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by investwisely
    I can get xvid to work fine. Looks like DIVX is the problem. Can anyone else try Pocket DVD 3.0 with DIVX and get it to work? What Navigator do you have? I tried to download Intervideo WinDVD but there trial link is hosed.
    Both xvid and dvix codecs seem to work fine for me (PocketDVD 3.0 build 2, InterVideo WinDVD Navigator, etc.).
    ok I need to try Intervideo. I am using PowerDVD 5.0 with patch and it crashes after 4-5 sec of encoding using DIvx encoder
    Intervideo gives me same crash with Divx, what version windows are you running including SP?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast