Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'll know tomorrow whether sprint is swapping my 300 for a 600 (I hope so - I'm on my 5th one already) and if they do then I'd like to give pocketdivx and mmplayer a shot. Given the considerably slower processor and 160x screen, will I be wasting my time? Should I wait until I go through several 600's and sprint gives me a 650?

If anyone's used the aformentioned apps with a 600 and can suggest settings, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    Mark
    I spent a couple of days working with pocketdivx & virtual dub trying to get them to work following the posts here. I was successful sometimes and other times not. So I bought Pocket DVD. Right off, I had a problem with Pocket DVD. At the end of a movie (last 10 - 15 min.) I would get about 4 error codes that resulted in the sound going in and out at the end of the movie. I emailed Pocket DVD's service group and they responded in about 1 hr (not bad) and said to download the latest build from their site. I did and the program has worked fine.

FYI - If you purchase the program and download from Handango they have version 3.0 build 4. Pocket DVD has version 3.1 build 1.

I still use Pocket Divx to do the final audio/video sinc.
    Quote Originally Posted by massaloch
    I'll know tomorrow whether sprint is swapping my 300 for a 600 (I hope so - I'm on my 5th one already) and if they do then I'd like to give pocketdivx and mmplayer a shot. Given the considerably slower processor and 160x screen, will I be wasting my time? Should I wait until I go through several 600's and sprint gives me a 650?

If anyone's used the aformentioned apps with a 600 and can suggest settings, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
    Mark
    I watched movies on my 600 all the time - it was definitely usable. Sure, the 160x resolution was a limitation, but it was still surprisingly watchable and there was enough processor there to do the job. I have to say though that the 320x on the 650 is a huge improvement. Hopefully you'll get yours someday
    Thanks! I just ripped and encoded monyty python's holy grail at 160x92 44khz 192kbs and it came out to 125 mb. Now I just need a 600 ...

Mark
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hey,

I am using PocketdivxEncoder and DVDshrink and I am so close to success, but I can't imagine why I can't get any sound out of my 600. The movie I encoded seems to play fine ( but I can't seem to fast forward, but thats another story) I just need a quick trouble shoot concerning what could be the problem with my 'set-up.' ( yes I have checked the device and the sound works fine otherwise and I tried to follow sledgie's encoding instructions.) any help would be appreciated.
    What?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Hest, I'm not sure if we are experiencing the same situation, but PocketDivxEncoder has suddenly stopped encoding sound for me too. The video looks fine, but there's literally no audio track and the file size reflects the omission. I've changed a lot of codecs recently so I hope the situation is reversible

EDIT: Phew, it's working again. I deleted every codec I could find and started over with the K-Lite 2.35 Full package. Everything is working again except for playback in Media Player. Oh well. The files work in MMPlayer. That's all that matters.
    Last edited by aldamon; 02/08/2005 at 10:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Anyone who is having trouble with encoding a particular movie might want to give DVD Decrypter a chance. For some reason, I could not get the audio in Almost Famous or Pulp Fiction to encode when using the VOB generated by DVD Shrink. I think it may have something to do with the DTS track not being recognized or selectable in DVD Shrink. The VOB created by the IFO mode in DVD Decryptor works fine. The encoding time is similar between the two programs. DVD Shrink is a little more user friendly though.
    That is because most DVD's are protected.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Nah. DVD Shrink has no trouble with DVD protection. The VOBs it created of Pulp Fiction and Almost Famous played fine in WinDVD. They just wouldn't compress properly in PDE. Anyway, since I've figured out DVD Encrypter and its IFO mode, I'm just going to use that from now on.
    There are many things DVD Shrink has problems with.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Yeah, it appears that having a DTS stream on the disc is one of them. Those DVDs are the only problems I've encountered.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Yeah, it appears that having a DTS stream on the disc is one of them. Those DVDs are the only problems I've encountered.
    HEY,

Thanks aldamon, dvddecryter worked where dvdshrink did not. Appreciate the help. Do you have any settings that work well (i.e. better than default settings)? Also, I take it that it does not make sense to encode a 600 with anything other 160X160?
    What?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hest
    Also, I take it that it does not make sense to encode a 600 with anything other 160X160?
    I use 320 x 180 on the Treo 650, so I think 160 x 90 would be optimal on the Treo 600. That's the standard 16x9 widescreen format. If your DVDs are 4:3, then I guess 160 x 120 would work for 4:3.
    does anyone know if office space will encode with dvdshrink -> PocketDivXEncoder

I just downloaded dvddecrypter and will try that as well.

the file was around 80MB in size.

-SB
    Does anyone know if there is a help file or manual for PocketDivXEncoder?

I'm not able to select B-Frames as an option. Other than that, it works great! Any thoughts?
    is there a free player I can get I just spent to money for the pocket dvd but did not realize a player did not come with it...woops!
    Thanks
    Don't believe there is a free one. The only choices I'm aware of for playing avi files is SmartMovie (http://www.lonelycatgames.com) or mmplayer (http://www.mmplayer.com)
    what happens if you get the mmplayer without the reg code, does it expire or will it still work?
    I think it runs but with "Trial" superimposed over the movie. Annoying but still allows you to get a feel for the program
    well for some reason i can not seem to access my card from mmplayer. I looked at the manual but still nothing. any ideas on how to locate the card from mmplayer?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast