Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Omg you are all talking above my head...Will I ever get this figured out? I just open Pocket DVD and click START.....is there REALLY more to it than that? When I try to play it on my Treo, I get bitrate errors.. I don't know how to set the bit rate any lower and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do anything with it once I rip it ?

Bek
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by investwisely
    Intervideo gives me same crash with Divx, what version windows are you running including SP?
    Windows XP Professional SP2
    Intervideo WinDVD 5.0
    Divx 5.2.1 codec
    Thanks. I will have to try it again and reinstall some stuff. Anyone rip and reassemble with AutoGordian?
    I've upgraded to this version as well. Recorded Drunken Master which took about 1hr 52min and it plays flawless on my Treo.

Windows XP Pro
    Intervideo WinDVD 4
    Pocket DVD 3.0
    Res 320x240 (77k pixel)
    Movie qaulity (4th marker)
    Audio bitrate 24kb (mono only,near AM Radio quality)
    Sample (22khz)
    Channel (Mono)
    Volume (6th marker)
    Video (20fps)
    Codex (Xivd MPEG-4 Codec)
    Split output every 500MB
    Screen saver disabled
    Here's a free alternative to Pocket DVD
    It's called Pocket DIVX encoder, and it works quite well. I pick the PDA setting (320x240) and I managed to downsize the new Appleseed anime on one SD card (150MB).

http://divx.ppccool.com/
    I have tried this programs endlessly and its never right. Either its choppy and the sound is screwed up, or the color is grey and a weird distortion.

I would be willing pay $100 for a working program.....unfortunetly it doesnt exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150
    I have tried this programs endlessly and its never right. Either its choppy and the sound is screwed up, or the color is grey and a weird distortion.

I would be willing pay $100 for a working program.....unfortunetly it doesnt exist.
    I totally understand your frustrations. I think the problem lies in the vast amount of different version for all the encoders and the untold link between them and their encoding utilities. I have been at it for about two weeks. I've read posts from people who claim success and failure with both apps.

It has worked for me. If you're interested in hearing another nut explain his process, let me know, but be fore-warned, it will be a lonnnnng post.

It's hard for me to shut up.
    After reading the discussion on the movie thread, I downloaded pocket dvd 3.0 and used it in conjunction with mmplayer and they both worked without any problems. I downloaded both Empire Strikes Back and the Revenge of the Jedi, along with the Shrek 2 trailor on my 1 gig card.
    Quote Originally Posted by adalal
    After reading the discussion on the movie thread, I downloaded pocket dvd 3.0 and used it in conjunction with mmplayer and they both worked without any problems. I downloaded both Empire Strikes Back and the Revenge of the Jedi, along with the Shrek 2 trailor on my 1 gig card.
    Sounds like you actually bought the software. If you dont it only encodes for about 10 minutes then stops. If you didnt buy it, you might wanna check the movie size.

{= )
    Yes, I bought the sofware for both applications.
    Does anyone have any screenshots from their Treo650 what a movie looks like @ 320x240?
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Sounds like you actually bought the software. If you dont it only encodes for about 10 minutes then stops. If you didnt buy it, you might wanna check the movie size.

{= )

"The video bitrate is too high and this device can't decode it in real time. Please re-encode the video with a slower bitrate.
    PLAY/STOP/NEVER AGAIN"

Can anyone suggest to me what I am doing wrong? I don't see a way to set the bitrate at all, let alone any slower.

Thanks everyone.
    Bek
    hit never again. it will try to continue playing the movie. I kept getting this message as well.

Also you may want to up the buffer size for the video and audio in MMplayer (in preferences).

-Blademonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    Does anyone have any screenshots from their Treo650 what a movie looks like @ 320x240?
    Here ya go...

Edit: Oops, that was a 320x208. I'll post a 320x240 later tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TR30; 01/24/2005 at 11:57 PM.
    Okay, here are 320x240's...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TR30; 01/25/2005 at 03:55 AM.
    Thanks for the screenshots. Seems like the Meet the Parents re-encode is a little stretched (maybe WS getting stretched to FS).

I'll have to play around with this a little bit, I reckon. More interested in viewing the videos on my Zodiac 2, since it is a much more capable system for this type of thing ... although I might, from time-to-time, want to watch the flicks on my T650 also (since I'll probably have that device with me much more than my Zod).

Does most everyone use MMplayer for viewing the re-encodes?
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    Seems like the Meet the Parents re-encode is a little stretched (maybe WS getting stretched to FS).
    Yup, that's correct. I usually like to keep movies at their original aspect ratio (not changing/stretching the resolution). I really don't care too much about having my movies encoded to full screen, just as long as the video quality is good and clear I'm happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Okay, here are 320x240's...

Which skin is that? Looks pretty cool.
    I am having a problem stopping or pausing my movie in mmplayer. If I hit stop or pause, it just goes back to the folders list on the card. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Which skin is that? Looks pretty cool.
    Yeah, it's nice and clean. It's the "blue" skin. It should be in the "Skins" folder when you download MMPlayer.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast