Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Something strange is going on! PalmOne's website no longer advertises that the GSM Treo is coming, and they have asked Treonauts to remove photos of the GSM Treo from its site. Does this suggest that there is a new delay in its release?
    fabulous, just freakin fabulous
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Man, I'll be so pissed if the GSM version is delayed to mid-Feb or March...I'm wishfully hoping that PalmOne removed it from their website and asked Treonauts to remove it b/c Cingular complained that they would get less people to buy it and switch to Cingular if PalmOne advertises the unlocked version. So, I'm hoping it's still going to be released on 1/26 - 1/27....
  4.    #4  
    Koolio, that's positive thinking. I like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Man,I'm wishfully hoping that PalmOne removed it from their website and asked Treonauts to remove it b/c Cingular complained that they would get less people to buy it and switch to Cingular if PalmOne advertises the unlocked version. So, I'm hoping it's still going to be released on 1/26 - 1/27....
    Sounds logical, but knowing PalmOne, who can tell.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    probably sprint's pressure, they wanna sell as many cookies as possible with their current exclusivity - a reason not to buy a fone from sprint
    Unless you already HAD a Sprint phone, and needed a NEW CONTRACT right when the 650 came out! Painless.
    Yeah, so if it delayed again past the end of this month, I'm going to have to jump ship. I'm TIRED of freakin' waiting around. I'll just keep my Z72 and get a semi-decent bluetooth phone. I don't need you T650.

Wait, I take it back!

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Seems odd that they would pull something that says "Coming Soon". Even if it is delayed another month or two, that can still be "soon" right?

As far as I know, soon could be next week or 3 months from now
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    by the way: on all asian websites of P1 the 650 notify/coming soon is still there.

so the issue of the disappeard 650 in the US must be a real american thingy
    I was very surprised to see that treonauts had pulled the pictures off because palmone ask them to remove it so weird.

That was the first website I went to this morning to see any update on pictures etc.

I’m not an expert but probably like others said cingular complain because it gives the unlocked version some promotion, i bet if the phone said cingular on it nothing would have happen.
    I'll bet P1 asked Treonauts to pull the pic's because everyone is calling P1 saying "they got one, why can't I?" and they're just tired of answering the qeustion. I KNEW I should have saved those pic's... anybody care to post them?

Todd/Indy
    Here ya go...I didn't save them all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I think these are the other two.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Woah. Thank you Biggles!

thehandlessking
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc
    Something strange is going on! PalmOne's website no longer advertises that the GSM Treo is coming, and they have asked Treonauts to remove photos of the GSM Treo from its site. Does this suggest that there is a new delay in its release?
    Heres an Update I just put on the I'll wait for GSM Thread:

I Just recieved Emails from a PalmOne Exec. & a Cingular Data Exec. Both In response to Questions I sent to them asking about the Teaser on the Palmone website and Treonaut being asked to remove the GSM 650 Images from his Blog. according to the Palmone gentleman Cingular is running the show as far as the release Date that is why the Up & Down the Cingular Data Guy said the same thing but added they had originaly planned a Jan 20th release and that HAS been changed to Jan 27th....

Keep Your fingers crossed
  17.    #17  
    Good news, then.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    Thanks for the pictures... But look at the keyboard size different between 600 and 650... This is one of the most deciding factor for me to get 650.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    You go girl! Very cool! I didn't save them because I always thought they would be on the web. I feel like Treonauts "gave in", but I would have probably done the same thing.

Has anyone printed out the T650 and pretended yet, or is that just me? (I cut one out from a spec. sheet and keep it in my wallet. Sometimes it rings).
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    Thanks for the pictures... But look at the keyboard size different between 600 and 650... This is one of the most deciding factor for me to get 650.
    Welcome! I am new here myself. The keys look the same size to me. Could it be an optical illusion since the keyboard is curved? I am wondering if the curving would improve ergonomic use... Is that what you were talking about?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast