Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why my 7 in 1 card reader will not properly read my SanDisk 512mb Ultra card, but reads my non-ultra SanDisk 512 without a problem?

When I try to read the Ultra, my computer just hangs with an hourglass and then eventually displays the card's folders. When I click on a folder, it once again takes about a minute to read the contents of the folder. However, it will not copy files from the card to the hard drive.

I'm just trying to back up my Ultra to my PC so I can format it and use it as a clean card on my new 650. I'm apprehensive about formatting it without a backup. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed
    Not sure if this is your problem, but I have heard that some cheap/old card readers will not read high-speed memory cards. I would suggest looking for support on the internet for your reader to see if this is the case.

I'm interested in seeing if I run into the same problem with my reader when I get my 4 GB Ultra compact flash card for my camera.

UPDATE: Got my 4GB CF Ultra II card and my 8 in 1 card reader reads it perfectly.
    Last edited by treotim; 01/29/2005 at 11:29 AM.
    Sounds like you may have to upgrade the reader that is capable of reading the Ultra's. I used to use memory sticks during the Clie days and used 7-1 reader. When Sony came out with momory stick pro with bigger capacity, I had to upgrade the reader. I think the same may apply here.