1.    #1  
    I read the medical visor post and it seems a lot of people find the visor very helpful in the medical field as well as in med school. Anyone have any experience with the Visor and law? Thanks!
  2. mc9
    Yep.
    I am a law student and use the visor in law school. The neat thing is, you can download codes like the FRCP from the Internet and convert it to Isilo or whatever, so you don't have to carry around the books and stuff. In addition, there are some codes like the Constitution or some other Rules around, already in Document format.
    Very handy in class...
    However, I don't know if they would let me use my Visor during exams. I guess rather not.
    I also use the Visor for exam dates and due dates for papers and stuff, but not for classnotes, as my graffiti is not that fast - I still can write much faster on with pen and paper.

If there are other law students or lawyers around, I would surely like to know how they use their Visor.

For all the German Visor users who also happen to be law students or lawyers (I guess there are thousands ) - there is a prog for the palm/Visor for the "Streitwertberechnung" (means: calculation of the amount in controversy and court costs). But it is NOT Freeware ...

[This message has been edited by mc9 (edited 03-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mc9 (edited 03-15-2000).]
    I'm a lawyer and I use by BVD for all the usual stuff -- keeping track of my life! Our office uses Amicus Attorney for case management, and it includes a palm link which I understand works well with the Visor. Lots of lawyers use them -- and use them in all sorts of different ways. BTW, once you can get a Stowaway keyboard, taking notes in class will be really simple and quick! But I've discovered the limits of a note -- about 3 pages!
    Sheryl King,

I believe ClipHack takes the limit of the note away, so you can enter an infinite amount of characters.
    As a law student I've discovered two great things about my BVD - (1) It keeps my life outside of law school at my fingertips with reminders, appointments, etc. - I seem to forget there is life outside of my school's walls! and (2) Minesweeper and Solitaire are great for those infinitely long Civ Pro and Property courses!

What I'm waiting for is that damn Stowaway... I just can't write Graffiti fast enough to make it worth my while to take notes that way. However, when the Stowaway arrives, I can definitely see an advantage to taking notes on the Visor. Right now, I usually update my outlines during class on paper and then convert them to Word. It would be great to bypass that second step! (The only things I'm worried about is the length of memos!)
  6. PFC
    If you are a litigator, you will have many, many deadlines, depositions, pre-trial conferences, trials, hearings, meetings, etc. My secretary puts all this on Outlook on the network when the mail comes in. I then hot synch, and then I have an updated calandar to go. When I am at a pre-trial and need to tell the judge when I can schedule a trial down the road, I can tell the court what is available. When I am away from the office and wonder when that crucial deadline is, I can check. I don't know how I managed before.

Also, with e-pocrates, I can have some idea what the medications a plaintiff is taking are so I can tell whether they are related to claimed injuries, cause the symptoms claimed, or they are for some wholly unrelated condition. (You would be surprised what lies some of them will tell.) I can check instantly during a depostion, and then let the plaintiff hang himself.

One of these days I will download the federal rules of evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if other rules start showing up in a downloadable format.

[This message has been edited by PFC (edited 03-17-2000).]
    PFC -
    Check out www.memoware.com for a free download of the Fed Rules of Civ Pro.
    I am an attorney. I echo much of what has already been discussed (FRCP, FRE, tracking professional and personal schedules, etc.) I also use Brainforest (outline/task manager program) to help me manage my litigation "to do" lists. Several time keeping systems are available, although I have learned that it is easiest for me to just write my time onto the Visor's memo pad using Certicom's Secure Memo Pad which offers encryption. I can then e-mail the unencrypted time entries over to my secretary after synching. Finally, the address book in very useful--clients, courts, court clerks, and opposing counsel may all be found there.

P.S. Check out www.palmlaw.com and pdajd.com for further discussion.