Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    the limited account option seems like the best of both worlds option. It seems like most people (well at least me) don't really need to be able to remote into their system all the time...just occasionally. With the limited account it allows you to, "After a one time evaluation period of about one month, you may connect a few times per day. This could be as often as a minute per hour or as limited as only once in the day. Colors may not be avalable. Limited connection duration applies." that seems good enough for me : )
    I have bashed Win-Hand in the past for their pricing structure. However, I have reconsidered for a couple of reasons:

1. I can't get Palm VNC to work on my machine - and it's not for a lack of trying. I'm tired of wasting time trying.

2. I have so many files on my PC that Sprint's business connection sometimes doesn't make them all available to me. Also, sometimes Sprint's connection is down.

3. When I need the files from my desktop, I really need them right then. If Win-hand remains a reliable way to access my PC and transfer files to my Treo, then the steep price for Win-Hand is worth it to me, even if I use it occasionally.

4. Win-Hand lets me view pdf files by using my desktop Acrobat viewer.

So I have decided to pay some money and give it a shot.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    When using win-hand, how do you view files like MSWord? Don't they have to be converted first to either quickword, or DoctoGo, before they can be readable?
    Pilottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    When using win-hand, how do you view files like MSWord? Don't they have to be converted first to either quickword, or DoctoGo, before they can be readable?
    Pilottreo1
    You don't need to. You are using standard PC software to view/edit the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    Pilottreo1
    You can also use Win-Hand to transfer the files from the PC to the Treo. Then from the Treo, you can use Docs-to-Go to open the Word file on the Treo.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    If anyone's using this (or MobileTS or PalmVNC) on a Treo 600, I would greatly appreciate a few screen caps.

Thanks.
    I wish it was faster on the 600. Now that it has expire I can not justify a monthly fee of any type. Maybe $20 flat.

Time to delete, unless there is a new version to try (free).
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Try Avvenu... nice free alternative to access files on your desktop via web interface:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tx/avvenu.epl

http://www.avvenu.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Isn't this the same "deal"? Avvenu site says "for a limited time, get Avvenu absolutely free". Sounds like the drug dealer mantioned above.
    Use PalmVNC. It rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Use PalmVNC. It rules.
    i would love to use this, but i could never get it to work quite right so i'll have to stick with win-hand and avvenu......for now.
    OK THIS IS NOW SHAREWARE... oh well... Still pretty cool
    I'm a user of MobileTS. Great app that uses WinXP's RDP. No additional servers to leave running on your machine. Pretty quick on my slow T600 GPRS. Definitely has come through in the clutch when you need something on your PC. Not free but has a trial period.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567