Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hi -- behind my company firewall, I am getting continual
    win-hand connections server down messages.

Please advise how I can proceed with the installation
    given this circumstance?
    You do know that it now costs a monthly fee to use Win-Hand?
    Now it's like $100 a year to use this product; just use PalmVNC instead.
    I can't get PalmVNC to work on my set-up. Now, I'm just relying upon Sprint's Business Connection software. I can connect to my desktop and have access to my files.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Heberman,

Check out this thread if you haven't yet. Finally got it working this morning:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79266
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Winhand then = Free

Winhand now = You must PAY

Winhand then = on Treo 650

Winhand now = DELETED

I agree...
    This guerilla marketing has just gone too far.. I'm willing to pay, but not what they are asking.... It is worth $40 period.. Stop messing with the software.
    Deleted
    I don't understand the "limited access"...or is it just as unreliable as the program itself?

It appears to come through black and white but almost instantly disconnects. So if that is limited access, I can see why everyone is deleting the program.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Hi All,

After trying several applications to control my PC from anywhere using the Treo 600, I have come to one conclusion. Win-Hand is in a class by itself.

Most of the other applications require that you have Windows XP Professional installed, but not with Win-Hand. Works great with Windows XP Home. The software does all the work. No trail and error. No guess work.

Sooner or later you will need this software and it works like a gem. Simply download the application and the data file they send you. Then access, control, read, write, open, run scripts, run applications, check email, etc, on your PC - from anywhere.

This program gives your Treo real power! Here is their link: http://www.win-hand.com

Regards,
    Audie Johnsen
    http://www.boxlotto.com
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Thanks for the SPAM. Much appreciated.
    Chill aldamon.

Probably 75% of the software posts here deal with people reporting their experiences with software. Unless boxlotto works for Win-Hand, I don't think this is spam.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Sure
    you could always just use palmvnc
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Thanks for the SPAM. Much appreciated.
    Aldamon,

I resent your remark about SPAM. I have been on the Internet doing the same business for over 4 years. One doesn't last that long by spamming people. I also do not work for Win-Hand.

You will also note that I do not hide who I am. My name, phone number and location are clearly where you can see them - on every page of my website.

If anyone has something to say about this topic, Win-Hand, I would be interested in hearing your remarks.

Regards,
    Audie Johnsen
    http://www.boxlotto.com
    Agreed Guy's, lets keep it calm

I must admit when I first read boxlotto's post I thought it was an advert, but when I checked his url I decided he was just a happy user.

I tried Winhand once found it worked OK for me.

I know a few people have had issues with it, but thanks to boxlotto I know that it's not worth trying any other progam at this time.

If I ever need to access my PC remotely it's Winhand for me
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I did take the dive and am using Win-Hand mainly because I'm an admin and need access when problems arise. There really isn't any other option like it.

I did use PalmVNC for a while but couldn't use it without first signing on to a VPN client on my Treo. I also was unable to use PalmVNC when I wasn't at my workstation and it was 'locked' (a necessity).

I've had several issues using Win-Hand and I didn't hesitate to let the folks there know it. They've been good to respond and the latest update resolved a lot of the major issues I had with it.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I did use PalmVNC for a while but couldn't use it without first signing on to a VPN client on my Treo. I also was unable to use PalmVNC when I wasn't at my workstation and it was 'locked' (a necessity).
    actually, palmvnc CAN work w/o VPN although it's not very secure. if you have a dynamic ip address then an alias service such as dyndns.org would let you set up a vnc server based on that alias without using a vpn connection.

as far as "unlocking" a remote computer, I thought palmvnc did this as well.
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    I have to second the reliability concerns. I leave my office computer on and Win-Hand would frequently disconnect and never reconnect. Not very convenient when I'm supposed to use this program when I'm away from the computer. This happened the one time I really needed to use it. I also found the installation and update process clunky. It was a great Treo 650 demo though when it worked right.
    Ive been using winvnc servers / palmvnc 600 and 650 for about 2 years now they have never stopped running and have been online for a long time and still running strong
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    actually, palmvnc CAN work w/o VPN although it's not very secure. if you have a dynamic ip address then an alias service such as dyndns.org would let you set up a vnc server based on that alias without using a vpn connection.
    hmm I think I use PalmVNC without a VPN, since I have no idea how to set up a VPN or what it really is, I assume I dont have one.

I just track my dynIP. Not secure because its just a password protecting it, yeah?
    How do you go about tracking your dynamic IP? I try command: ipconfig, but only get my LAN IP this way.
    I use this program. Works great. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ip2.html
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast