Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    what gets me is it states I have a limited account that will allow a few connections a day. When starting up though it wants to force me to pay and won't let me exit out of the pay screen and use my "few" connections.
    Boss - > Pilot -> Casioppieia A -> IIIc -> Clie SJ33 -> Treo 600
    Me too. I wonder if having a "limited" account will work at all.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Bubbye Win-Hand. It was fun while it lasted.
    Winhand then = Free

Winhand now = You must PAY

Winhand then = on Treo 650

Winhand now = DELETED

-->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    This app for me is one of the clearest cases of a great freeware app that is not worth a dime. I have used it on many devices since its creation. Considered buying it, but it never quite made the cut. Once it went free, and I got a Treo, I started to use it pretty frequently and was really thrilled that it was free.

The reason it is not worth one penny is that it is completely unreliable. Great fun to play with, really useful if you get it to work, but completely erratic in function.

Every time he made a new version (which was fairly frequently) it would break the operation of the version I was using. This was a complete bummer if I was away from my home and needed to use it. Further, the encryption keys are so fickle that they do not work if restored from a backup, nor across upgrades. I was forever reintalling, rekeying, and rehotsyncing.

Now, I get away for my longest trip away from home in recent time and it happens again. Stopped working 4 days into a 28 day trip.

Totally and completely unacceptable for an app that he wants you to pay monthly for...

IMO if he wanted to prove it was worth it, the track record he has ammassed with me would not exist, only then would I even consider it.

DELETED Win-Hand.....will recommend against it to anyone that will listen.

Fun to play with when free, not worth one red cent.
    I just hope he gets to read some of these comments . . .
    I emailed him mine. I said $30 onetime or $3 a month would have got me.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    MVT's price point is about right for me also.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Thanks heberman. I almost thought that was too much.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    So what's is second in line for VNCing to my desktop? PalmVNC? Someone please help fill the void!!!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Fun to play with when free, not worth one red cent.
    I have to second the reliability concerns. I leave my office computer on and Win-Hand would frequently disconnect and never reconnect. Not very convenient when I'm supposed to use this program when I'm away from the computer. This happened the one time I really needed to use it. I also found the installation and update process clunky. It was a great Treo 650 demo though when it worked right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    So what's is second in line for VNCing to my desktop? PalmVNC? Someone please help fill the void!!!

Timmay
    Although not free, you can try MobileTS. It's basically remote desktop for your palm.

Timmay
    Although not free, you can try MobileTS. It's basically remote desktop for your palm.

Timmay
    Well, WinHand worked for me, but I didn't like going through the parent server...it seemed slow and unreliable in making a connection. The prospect of paying for my occasional need didn't seem worth it. So, I killed three hours figuring out how to set up PalmVNC and use a dynamic dns server to allow me past my firewall (we'll see what happens ).

In any event, deleting all the Winhand files on my 600 with filez sent my treo into an endless reset loop. Had to do a hard reset and lose all date. Glad I was backed up with a recent sync. If anybody has any tips on safely uninstalling winhand for others facing the same decision, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.
    $15 a month.....Yikes!
    I could get Sirius Radio for less than that! Nice app but come on folks, its hardly worth $5 especially with the aforementioned reliability factor.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    palmVNC ::: MINDBLOWING!!!
    I agree with the users who find Win-hand a neat toy but would not pay the hefty price for it. It is difficult to update and is often slow and unreliable.

How do I uninstall from my T650?
    Hi -- behind my company firewall, I am getting continual
    win-hand connections server down messages.

Please advise how I can proceed with the installation
    given this circumstance?

Stuart
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Hi -- behind my company firewall, I am getting continual
    win-hand connections server down messages.

Please advise how I can proceed with the installation
    given this circumstance?

Stuart
    I'm not sure what ports Winhand uses, but to get palmVNC to work I had to forward the correct ports on my router and then allow Norton internet security to leave those ports open.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast