Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Yes..the taskbar thing is a mystery for me too. I changed my PC settings to make it visible, but it still doesn't show up on my Treo...only the recycle bin does...I tapped the screen in the area where I figured the Start menu would be and it came up but it would be great to be able to see it.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Is there a function key on the keyboard menu that maps the the Windows start button? I have my task bar on my PC hidden and can't seem to figure out how to bring it up (normally on my PC I just bring my mouse down that far and it pops up.)
    Same problem for me. I have a dual-monitor setup at work and I hide the task bar on monitor 2 but it has to stay viewable on the primary monitor for Win-Hand to see it.
    Even when I set mine to be viewable, Win-Hand does not see it...(?)
    I can see mine once I set it to being visible all the time..are you zoomed out or have pressed down far enough to see the bottom of your screen?

On another note, how do you simulate a double mouse click?

Would be nice if they could somehow show the signal strength to see if disconnects are happening because of a bad signal.

Also would be nice if you could turn the screen off without having to disconnect...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yup, zoomed out..I can see the recycle bin....maybe because I'm using StyleXP....
    Anyone using it with T-Mobile and T-zones?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Hidden taskbar - Ctrl + Esc will pull up your Start Menu, and thereby your taskbar too.

Unintentionally hidden taskbar - Never seen this problem; guessing 3rd-party software (Style XP) is the culprit.

Strings attached - E-mailed the author asking why/how it's free, and he replied that the free period will end soon. Kinda like a drug dealer - the first taste is free, but after that...

Advanced options - I've just been using the defaults so far, but since I have a cable modem, I'll give "burst" a shot and report back.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Strings attached - E-mailed the author asking why/how it's free, and he replied that the free period will end soon. Kinda like a drug dealer - the first taste is free, but after that...
    Oh well. Hopefully it's a flat fee for the program. I won't pay monthly for it.
    Agreed. I definitely wouldn't pay monthly for it either.
    Wait a Minute!! I already PAID for it when it was a paid program (before it went free!). Now I'm gonna have to pay again!!!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Advanced options - I've just been using the defaults so far, but since I have a cable modem, I'll give "burst" a shot and report back.
    It's really slow with burst mode. Guess the "slow/fast modem" refers to the phone radio, not the PC connection.
    My Webroot software just singled out Win-Hand during a hard drive scan. The log claims this software is recording key strokes for transmission back to another computer.

Too bad, I liked the software, but I guess we all knew there had to be a catch somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by human_forklift
    My Webroot software just singled out Win-Hand during a hard drive scan. The log claims this software is recording key strokes for transmission back to another computer.
    I think this is how it's supposed to work, see other comments here :

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=77024
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Hopefully a simple question from a newbie: How do you install this software? I downloaded to my desk top, unzipped the file(s) and only one 800K file shows up. I click on it and I see a pic advertisement. I'm running XP and have the T650. Thanks.
    OK, I initiated the instalation on my computer, filled in the passwd in the dialogue box, and added the key file to be hotsynched and performed the hotsynch. I don't see any evidence that the program is on my phone. Shouldn't an icon be present in the main menu? also the email from win-hand says:" Complete the installation by performing the Hotsyncof the Account Key file and and Session Keys file that the Remote computer have generated." What is the session key file? I don't see that anywhere. Appreciate your help.
    I found the "missing" programs after going to the win-hand site and reading theFAQs. It works! Amazed at the fuctionality. Lost connection while testing in front of computer. Anyone know what causes that.
    Anyone figure out how to transfer files (.prc, .doc)from your home computer to the palm when you're logged on to your home computer?
    Win hand is now charging for access, so chances of getting much help figuring that out are going to be slim to none.
    $15.00 a month!!!!!!!! That's almost as much as I pay for data! I'd have done it for $3 or $4 but not $15. That's a joke.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Oh well it was fun while it lasted maybe They will see that they are a little high and refigure the price.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast