Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    This is the great mystery that everyone on this board has discussed previously. He used to charge almost $70 for the corporate version, which all features are now included in the free version. I don't know what the 'catch' may be, but nothing in life is free......
    I guess it's not, why do does have the session counter or the consummable encryption key. That is a key software control.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Actually I could not get the program to run last night, even though I followed the instructions and used the emailed account and password. On the very first launch it told me that I "May have used an invalid password serveral times." and that my account, which it lists correctly, is invalid.

I think it needs more work to be usable by the average Joe.
    Did you check the Settings > Properties. Check the information in the password box. That the password you key in when you initiate your PDA client session.
    I ran across a thread where someone was using Win-Hand across a Bluetooth connection. Is anyone here doing that? All I can configure is the Vision connection to my desktop which gets the IT guys much more worried than a bluetooth 100 yard connection. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COBoarder
    I ran across a thread where someone was using Win-Hand across a Bluetooth connection. Is anyone here doing that? All I can configure is the Vision connection to my desktop which gets the IT guys much more worried than a bluetooth 100 yard connection. Thanks
    I could have swore that I saw someone at work using Win-hand with his Tungsten C and an WiFi connection. It probably has something to do with the network connection settings that are used.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I just loaded it this morning. I followed the directions, synced my 650, and - perfect! The program is amazing. Really! It's just become my new favorite program.

One caveat: when installing the program, the directions told me I needed to install three prc's. One was sent via email, and one was automatically put in the Palm install folder. I had to then locate the third file, the main .prc, by finding the installation folder on my computer. It was easy, but it almost tripped me up during installation.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by gooDs
    has anyone tried this through a wireless network?
    I have a wireless network. It works fine, so far.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I have a wireless network. It works fine, so far.
    By "wireless network" do you mean bluetooth? If so, how did you configure Win-Hand, I love Win-Hand but can only get it to work across Sprint Vision
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm not using bluetooth, but a home wireless network.
    How does this compare to MobileTS? I like that with MobileTS, I don't need to load anything new on my desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg
    How does Win-Hand compare to Palm VNC? Has anyone compared them head-to-head?
    I have. Win-Hand wins by a landslide in every category. It's faster, prettier, easier to set up, has a better interface, and is much more robust (PalmVNC can benearly impossible to get working under certain network conditions, Win-Hand never fails).
    The one advantage I see in PalmVNC is that it can lock, log in and log out of a Windows session, which is actually pretty major. Win-Hand doesn't let you do it.
    ok, so how is everyone using a wireless home network with the treo? am i missing out on some wifi drivers for the 600 or are you guys using something else?? i used to use this with my tungsten c and it was awesome, but ever since i got the t650, ive ditched the program cause i didnt think itd be useful over gprs...???
    Just a word for those who may run in to trouble. I could not unlock my desktop until I found something that said you had to unlock with a PS2 keyboard, not usb.

Well it was halfway true, I found that my password had zeros in it and it would not unlock using the zero on the 10-key but would work on the qwerty.

But I love it.
    As amazing as this program is, I can't believe I haven't heard more about it.

It is a must have app for my 650
    The program also helps justify the cost of the Treo 650. It brings ALL of my desktop data to me whenever I am on the road. And since I can email or fax docs to myself, I can have hard copies of everything I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    ok, so how is everyone using a wireless home network with the treo? am i missing out on some wifi drivers for the 600 or are you guys using something else?? i used to use this with my tungsten c and it was awesome, but ever since i got the t650, ive ditched the program cause i didnt think itd be useful over gprs...???
    I think was most people, myself included, are refering to is a WiFi router that connects a wireless laptop or wireless desktop to a home network. Win-hand is then used to access the wireless laptop/desktop over the WiFi network (and then ultimatley over Vision/1xRTT) on the Treo 650.

Is this cool or what! Does anyone know how this compares to GoToMyPC?

The only issue that I have with Win-hand is that my Windows XP desktop at home has three user profiles for different people in my household. If I'm not logged in then I can't access my docs, etc. Apparently, PalmVNC allows you to do this. I will give it a try.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Stupid question, so I don't need to have a wifi or bluetooth connection to my laptop or desktop, it will use the vision connection to get to my desktop?
    how would it work if you have work firewalls and routers?
    Quote Originally Posted by krs71
    Stupid question, so I don't need to have a wifi or bluetooth connection to my laptop or desktop, it will use the vision connection to get to my desktop?
    You are correct. It uses the Vision connection to get to the desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by krs71
    how would it work if you have work firewalls and routers?
    Don't worry about the routers. You may need to manually allow the connection through your firewall. The Win-Hand website has a brief explanation on how to do this.
    Has anyone found a way to specify a password so you dont have to memorize this insane password they generate for you ?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast