1.    #1  
    I have tried installing Tom Tom on my Treo 650. I got throught the installation on the handheld. I added a map on the card and put a voice on the card. When I try to do a hot sync at the end, I get the following message and the hot sync goes to a soft reset when it hits "Navigator".

OK Install TomTom Maps 1.12
    Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    OK Quick Install
    OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    OK Memos
    OK Media
    OK Documents To Go
    OK Calendar
    -- Backing up /TomTom/Munich.bin to C:\Program Files\Palm\Jay\Backup\_TomTom_Munich_bin.PDB
    Backup synchronization failed

HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

HotSync operation completed on 01/19/05 16:58:37
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help.
  2.    #2  
    The above problem happens when I downloaded the update on Tom Tom's site. It would be version 4.42
    Search the forum for this.
  4.    #4  
    I just tested Tom Tom and everything about it works perfectly. It is awesome!

Only problem is, when I hot sync, the hot sync completes itself but I get the following:

HotSync operation started for Jay on 01/19/05 18:45:05

Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed

Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)
    OK Quick Install
    OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    OK Memos
    OK Media
    OK Documents To Go
    OK Calendar
    -- Backing up MMIDCache1 to C:\Program Files\Palm\Jay\Backup\MMIDCache1.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Palm\Jay\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 01/19/05 18:45:19

I installed the program to the main memory and installed the map and voice to a SD card. I see that Navigator uses 50K but my main memory went down by about 2MB after installation. I'm not sure what other files are associated with it. I haven't put Filez on this unit yet. Anyone have any idea
    I hate when people say "search the forum" and don't put the answer. It happens to be in a 442 message thread!

Anyway, the answer is here:

Deleting or moving the following files somewhere else gets rid of the error:
    C:\Program Files\Palm\BeerJ\Exchange\To
    Navigator.ini
    Navigator.cab
  6.    #6  
    Thanks DougKoz!!!

I deleted the files and it resolved the problem!

"You be THE Man"
    Yea I use TomTom and its great! works fine, with the exception of the message "Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed". I think its because the maps cannot be placed into the sync. maybe so we can't transfer maps to other unregister users? I dont know but either way, it works fine. i can live with the error message
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown23
    Yea I use TomTom and its great! works fine, with the exception of the message "Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed". I think its because the maps cannot be placed into the sync. maybe so we can't transfer maps to other unregister users? I dont know but either way, it works fine. i can live with the error message

Can you copy the map files to an SD card using a card reader? I have a Blue Logger with Street Atlas and I am thinking about getting TomTom.
  9.    #9  
    By: shodown23 at Today 07:48 PM

I had the same problem. Use this solution. It works.

Navigator.ini
    Navigator.cab
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell

I had the same problem. Use this solution. It works.

Navigator.ini
    Navigator.cab
    This fixes the problem? And where abouts do you find these 2 files?

I can't believe how much trouble I', having with this installation..
    Yes it does. The BeerJ in his example should be changed to your Palm userID. I actually had 4 files on my PC and just deleted them all. No problems to date...
    well I deleted all the files under my user folder... I guess I'll see if that works.
    I hit the exact same problem with a brand new TomTom Navigator 5, (v5.12) running on a Treo 650. Removing the 4 tomtom files in <PalmUserHomeDir>\Exchange\To fixed the problem for me!

Thanks for the tip!

take care
    John.