1.    #1  
    That little pig tail that allows you to use universal charger is not available at Sprint accessories. No price and no ETA.

Once more, great CS, Sprint!!!!
  2.    #2  
    Before I get grilled about my typos: Adapter, not Aapter.

LOL, I mistakenly said I crushed that tiny connector with my wheel chair (instead of my office swivel chair), but I got lots of sympathy from the lady at Sprint Acessories.

I finally felt the love. Hey, this could lead to bigger and better things
    I'm not sure it's fair to blame Sprint for this one. Palm is the manufacturer, not Sprint. If Palm doesn't supply it, or give Sprint a date, there's not much Sprint can do.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Actually, the adapter was made exclusively for Sprint and packed in the first few shipments of the T650 along with Sprint universal AC chargers due to lack of availability of the new AC charger with the built-in T650 connector.

The idea is great if you have a bunch of universal AC or vehicle charger that you want to utilize, or if you're a T600 user who don't wanna buy a new everything charger.
    So are you guys saying the thin barrel connector DOES work in the Treo 650?

Cause I have a bunch of "universal Sprint connector" stuff leftover from my Sanyo 8200 that has worked with all of my phones until now... When I get my 650 I am scared that I would have to buy a 650-specific car and travel charger like I had to do with the Treo 600. Someone please tell me that I wont have to spend another bunch of money buying more chargers... :???

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Someone please tell me that I wont have to spend another bunch of money buying more chargers... :???
    You shouldn't have to... the included dongle is supposed allow use of any Sprint-approved universal charger.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Correct. In fact if you go to a Sprint Store, they'll just sell you the same universal connector anyways. So long as you have the adapter, you're good to go.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What is this "adapter" that you guys are speaking of? I have only seen one picture of the charger port but it looks like it already has the female sprint universal connector already? I didnt know you needed an adapter.

Maybe I am not understanding correctly... I have a travel Sprint charger that is a 2-in-1 cigg lighter and flip down wall charger, I paid $50 last year for it and it was from the sprint store in sprint packaging and branded for "most sprint phones with the universal connector" which is that thin barrel connector. Since then I have used it with 3 different Sprint phones. Are you guys saying I need an adapter to use this on the 650 or can I just use it "raw?"

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Actually, the adapter was made exclusively for Sprint and packed in the first few shipments of the T650 along with Sprint universal AC chargers due to lack of availability of the new AC charger with the built-in T650 connector.
    Yes, it was made FOR Sprint, but not BY Sprint. As I said, if Palm doesn't supply any to Sprint, Sprint can't very well supply them to us.

What is this "adapter" that you guys are speaking of? I have only seen one picture of the charger port but it looks like it already has the female sprint universal connector already? I didnt know you needed an adapter.

Maybe I am not understanding correctly... I have a travel Sprint charger that is a 2-in-1 cigg lighter and flip down wall charger, I paid $50 last year for it and it was from the sprint store in sprint packaging and branded for "most sprint phones with the universal connector" which is that thin barrel connector. Since then I have used it with 3 different Sprint phones. Are you guys saying I need an adapter to use this on the 650 or can I just use it "raw?"
    The Sprint 650 ships with a small adapter cable, about 4 inches long. One end plugs into the Treo 650, the other connects to a charger with the "universal" connector. The charger port on the Treo is NOT the universal connector. It's a small rectangular connector that only fits in the Treo one way. So if you use the little adapter cable, you can use your flip down wall charger.

The "universal" connector, btw, isn't very universal. My family has 4 Sprint phones, and only one uses it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #10  
    What is this "adapter" that you guys are speaking of?
    A picture is worth a thousand words. I clipped this from the user guide for your view, but you got your Treo650 already
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AHHHHH SO... I see it now. And I have the 650 but I dont have it yet, until UPS brings it back tomorrow for the 2nd delivery attempt I will be waiting patiently... Or at least waiting. lol

As the poster above says, doesnt seem like there is any way of getting an extra "dongle" from Sprint. I wonder if you can order one from Palm? I would need one for work and one for the car... Grief. Maybe Palm will add a way to order one soon? I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    A picture is worth a thousand words. I clipped this from the user guide for your view, but you got your Treo650 already

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...