1.    #1  
    My Sprint Treo650 just received an over the air update. I'm on the phone with CS to see what the update does. I'll post a follow up.
  2.    #2  
    As usual Sprint PCS CS is sub par. They try to snow you into thinking it is a routine update to get your phone to work on existing towers.

Perhaps some of you hard core techies can find more info?
    it may have been a prl update. can you dial ##786 and see what prl you have?

prl(preferred roaming list)
    Dude, I'm dying to know if this is the final update to resolve BT, memory, and voice quality ... suspense!
  5.    #5  
    The PRL is (Still?) 10025

Btw, I saw a post that explained some of these ## codes. I know these:

##377
    This spells out ##err and stands for error. It displays the last error which caused a soft reset, and the program that was running, line number etc

##33284
    This spells ##debug and is the CDMA phone info screen containing a bunch of technical data on your curent signal and tower connection.

##786
    This the Phone Information Page. It tells you how many minutes the unit has on it, how much data has transpired, the warranty date, software versions, etc.

##774 PRI Checksum and allowing you to reset phone to factory default settings (you need your phones own MSL code which is unique to each phone...or so I've been told).

Are there more? I need more coz I'm on my way to geek heaven
    Do ##786 and let us know what version Software shows - is it 1.03?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyH

Btw, I saw a post that explained some of these ## codes. I know these:

##377
    This spells out ##err and stands for error. It displays the last error which caused a soft reset, and the program that was running, line number etc

##33284
    This spells ##debug and is the CDMA phone info screen containing a bunch of technical data on your curent signal and tower connection.

##786
    This the Phone Information Page. It tells you how many minutes the unit has on it, how much data has transpired, the warranty date, software versions, etc.

##774 PRI Checksum and allowing you to reset phone to factory default settings (you need your phones own MSL code which is unique to each phone...or so I've been told).

Are there more? I need more coz I'm on my way to geek heaven
    Me too, and I just re-provisioned my T650.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pl804
    Do ##786 and let us know what version Software shows - is it 1.03?
    Software revision: Treo650-1.03-pcs

Obviously the CS who did not know anything was at least not lying
    I highly doubt any updates to the palm OS would be done over-the-air. If it wasn't a PRL update, it was probably something Sprint-specific.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I DIDN'T TELL YOU GUYS THIS OKAY!!

Yes the over the air update is a good thing...
    Keep in mind Sprint is the only carrier that has implemented this into ALL the new handsets!

TONY-H Did you just recieve this without calling anyone?

If so you are one of thousands who should recieve this, and you are probably not going to notice ANY change even doing ##RUN#.... Reason being they are making sure the systems are up and rolling so they are planning on random OTA/UPG...

Being a Tech @ *****t you will not notice anything "hardcore" happen to your phone.

All OTA allows Sprint to do... Relieve you from going into a PCS store and having someone like myself *ut-hum* upgrade your software or PRL (Prefered Roaming List) in store only... Once the Software Upg's for our 650's come available I bet alot more people will be wondering why they recieved this "weird message" from Sprint...

--- Sorry to Ramble...----

- Jim R.
    Techie @ a Store
    Just ran ##786 on mine. I've had my phone for two days now.

Soft. rev. Treo650-1.03-SPCS

Hardware Rev. A.

PRL version 10025

Mobile Protocol Rev. 6

Any idea why my MDN (which is my phone number) is different from my MSID (whidh looks like a different local phone number)?

Blackwood
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDingus
    Just ran ##786 on mine. I've had my phone for two days now.

Any idea why my MDN (which is my phone number) is different from my MSID (whidh looks like a different local phone number)?
    I sure do!
    Because of your CSA... Which is your calling service area...
    Or if you (WLNP) ported your number from another carrier it will be different.

POINT is: Don't even worry about it... Sometimes they run out of certain prefix's for certain CSA's and you will notice a different MSID...

- Jim R.
    -----------
    Techie @ a Sprint store...
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDingus
    It has to do with number portability. Not sure how the tech works (and I'm sure that someone here can explain it).

EDIT: And someone did! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolenTreo
    I DIDN'T TELL YOU GUYS THIS OKAY!! TONY-H Did you just recieve this without calling anyone?
    nope. I was calling tech support at *2 when it happened. In fact my call to tech support didn't go through. I had to hit *2 again

[/QUOTE] --- Sorry to Ramble...----

- Jim R.
    Techie @ a Store [/QUOTE]

Ramble away, as long as the info is useful
  15.    #15  
    um, Jim, techie @ sprint store, since you're here perhaps you can enlighten me on something:

If there is a magic cure-all fix for all the things that we gripe about, will it be over the air, or do we hafta go to our friendly Sprint store to get the Treo flashed?
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, what's going on w/ the random updates is that they are testing the FOTA?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    You will also see a different MDN and MSID if change purchase a new cell phone (or get three or four change out refurbished ones, as have I)
    um, Jim, techie @ sprint store, since you're here perhaps you can enlighten me on something:

If there is a magic cure-all fix for all the things that we gripe about, will it be over the air, or do we hafta go to our friendly Sprint store to get the Treo flashed?
    Either way, I doubt you'll have to go to a sprint store. With the 600, the rom update was a download.