1.    #1  
    I've seen sporadic posts about backup software and cleanup programs, but can't seem to locate them now that I need it. I'm hoping that all the users out there can oblige. This is kind of a three-part question, so please bear with me.

Question 1)
    I seem to have some 'clutter' from various programs that were removed or copied to the SD card on my Treo 650 that I would like to get rid of. The problem is that I can't be 100% sure that these orphaned programs don't still belong to something currently running (in other words, dis-associated DB files). Is there some program out there that can identify what files are associated with what programs and delete them if they're no longer used? I've used FileZ to identify LOTS of stuff, but who knows what it all belongs to.

Question 2) [might be the same answer as Q1]
    There are some programs out there that help users migrate ALL non-system files to the SD card instead of keeping the DB's on internal memory. What are they?

Question 3)
    What is the best backup s/w out there? I want to start mucking with some hacks (Shadowmite stuff), but need to make absolutely sure that I can have a solid backup before performing hard resets.
    one word: FileZ freeware

Of course you can also change to your launcher to MegaLaunch or ZLaunch, both of which have built in file managers that are superior to the built-in "info" of the Palm Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    one word: FileZ freeware
    I counted two. LOL!
    Actually for full backup to SD card use BackupBuddy Pro

One word: ain't
    I use Backup Buddy Pro to ensure no loss of data. You can even tailor it to backup data at a given time of the day to ensure you have the most recent data backed up.

Also use Uninstall Manager to keep the device clean. I use it to delete programs and any left overs from those programs. It also enables you to run Sandbox whihc is to say running a trial program and if it causes problems can delete it and return your device back to the previous state.

The built in File Manager in ZLauncher is good to and Filz for anything else you want to move around.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    I use Backup Buddy Pro to ensure no loss of data. You can even tailor it to backup data at a given time of the day to ensure you have the most recent data backed up.

Also use Uninstall Manager to keep the device clean. I use it to delete programs and any left overs from those programs. It also enables you to run Sandbox whihc is to say running a trial program and if it causes problems can delete it and return your device back to the previous state.

The built in File Manager in ZLauncher is good to and Filz for anything else you want to move around.
    Ditto Ancient One. BBP also syncs a copy to your PC to ensure you have two copies. Murphy's law hit me with HD failure and having to hard reset pre-BBP. I was lucky to get about 75% of my data back. Never again...

FYI, ZLauncher takes a while to set up IMHO, but is worth it for the resulting custom interface. Enjoy!
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    Quote Originally Posted by jblyth
    I've seen sporadic posts about backup software and cleanup programs, but can't seem to locate them now that I need it. I'm hoping that all the users out there can oblige. This is kind of a three-part question, so please bear with me.

Question 1)
    I seem to have some 'clutter' from various programs that were removed or copied to the SD card on my Treo 650 that I would like to get rid of. The problem is that I can't be 100% sure that these orphaned programs don't still belong to something currently running (in other words, dis-associated DB files). Is there some program out there that can identify what files are associated with what programs and delete them if they're no longer used? I've used FileZ to identify LOTS of stuff, but who knows what it all belongs to.

Question 2) [might be the same answer as Q1]
    There are some programs out there that help users migrate ALL non-system files to the SD card instead of keeping the DB's on internal memory. What are they?

Question 3)
    What is the best backup s/w out there? I want to start mucking with some hacks (Shadowmite stuff), but need to make absolutely sure that I can have a solid backup before performing hard resets.
    give myWorkbench a try. file split view file manager, view jpg, hexview, backup/restore, zip compression and more.

click here www.toysoft.ca/mywb.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    i use filez and backupman