1.    #1  
    Does any body know of a program to keep Sprint Vision connection alive or reconnect when it is lost?

I currently use Sprints Business Connection which pushes (like a Blackberry) my work email to my phone. Unfourtunetly, I keep losing my Vision Connection which prevents me from getting the mail as it generates.
    When i use PCS Vision on my PC, i simply run a batch file.

ping www.yahoo.com -t
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I think phone technician will do what you want. It will reconnect your radio after a reset. I think that you can set vision to always on somewhere in settings, so that combined everything will work. I use business connect myself and have had no real interuption in service, but I do not pop in and out of sprint coverage that often.
    Quote Originally Posted by djrickp
    When i use PCS Vision on my PC, i simply run a batch file.

ping www.yahoo.com -t

yup thats what i do to .. same site acutally .. weird. i wonder how hard yahoo gets hit with icmp.

-b
    I understood the original question as asking how to keep a Vision connection open on the T650, not about a PC. But your response about "PCS Vision on my PC" is intriging. Please explain.
    There is an option in the netorking preferences that will startup Vision everytime the phone radio is powered on.

You can also use PowerUp and/or ScheduleCare to control the state of your phone's radio.

Jeff
    The problem is that after an amount of inactivity, the vision connection is terminated. I was using Versamail to keep my vision alive by checking my mail every hour, but that has stopped working (I read that I need to recreate my accounts on the 650).
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    The problem is that after an amount of inactivity, the vision connection is terminated. I was using Versamail to keep my vision alive by checking my mail every hour, but that has stopped working (I read that I need to recreate my accounts on the 650).
    Interesting. I do not see that behavior. I use push email from Business Connection and today I only got 1 email but my Vision connection is still up and running right now and it has been hours since my last real connection to Vision.

Jeff
    Using either bluetooth or USB along with PDANet, I connect at about 145k to the internet on my PC. Like most people, my Vision plan is unlimited and I use it a lot.