1.    #1  
    I own Microsoft Streets and Trips for PC. It has an option on install to install to a pocket PC. Can this be intigrated to a palm OS somehow?
    No. And, unless it has been greatly improved it wasn't that good on the PPC anyways.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Looking for a inexpensive (or free) solution for this then. Anyone have a program they really like? Don't really need GPS (although I would love to have it) I just would like to be able to puch in directions and have it spit out a rout for me by fastest, or shortest distance. Next solution would be to simply take my laptop and use that, but I wanted to travel light.
    Well, you can always browse to Mapquest.

If thats what you wanted to do with MS S&T, that was the main problem with the PPC version. It wouldn't do routing. You could look up an address, but it was unable to tell you how to get there.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    This is a dumb question, but does either MapQuest, or MapPoint, which i prefer, have a WAP address that's customized for mobile or Palm/PPC viewing.

It would just be faster and with less clutter.
  6.    #6  
    REally...
    I don't like mapquest. It's routs aren't always the fasteszt, and you don't have the otion for alternate routs. Oh well, what do you expect for a free service. It's not that bad I guess. I'm just spoiled.
    I'm not a big mapquest fan either. I always use the full version of Microsoft MapPoint on my laptop or home desktop. The useability is fantastic. Their online version is okay, but not the same, but for just getting a quick set of directions, i guess i can make due.
    Thats basically my experience as well. In a pinch it'll do. I've always used my laptop on the road, but its finally given out, so I use my PPC/Mapopolis combo.

Hey GMSchiller, maybe if you would have joined the Army, they would've taught you how to use a map and compass. Hooah!!!

J/K

Semper Fi to ya.

Here is the link to Mapquest for a PDA: Mapquest for PDA

I have used it many times.

Also, I got this site from Treonauts and this site has just about every small PDA site you would ever need: SmallSites
    Last edited by meloveu; 01/19/2005 at 01:42 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hey GMSchiller, maybe if you would have joined the Army, they would've taught you how to use a map and compass. Hooah!!!

J/K

Semper Fi to ya.
    Backatcha! Hey thanks for the advice fellas. I'll just go that rout. I'll keep ya posted!

... the change is forever!

Oh, and I'm very good with a map and compass! It's just hard to juggle while driving!
    Look for directory assistant. It minimizes your work (and even imports addresses from your contacts to quickly fill the fields), but it does use mapquest on the backend. Igolf just released its SD card gps -- mapopolis comes at a discount with it, but I don't know how much it is.
    If your just wanna use simple directions and not detailed maps and routes you'd do fine with accessing MapQuest, Yahoo Maps, or Switchboard.com on your browser.
    All are WAP enabled.