1.    #1  
    I have tried to comb through all the posts looking for a tight fitting case that:
    1. Covers the screen but you can still "see it"
    2. Exposed keyboard for full use
    3. Belt clip to fit snug on belt
    4. Fits in the cradle (wish only, I realize there is no cradle for the 650 to test).

I apologize if I missed a post on this already. Thank u for your patience
    Historically I have never seen a case that remains functional when you drop a PDA into its cradle. Most cases have bottom cut-outs to enable you to plug a hotsync cable, AC charger or both, or a headset, but never a cradle.

I'm not even sure the BoxWave FlexSkin will enable you to use the cradle.

I've been wrong too many times, though
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Last edited by g.711; 01/19/2005 at 07:54 PM.
  4.    #4  
    I would prefer a soft case, but this meets what i am looking for, but it says only for the 600, anyone try it on the 650 (I love this site, only place I could put up an obscure question about a case late night and wake up early morning with replies, weee).
    The sena cases might work for you. If you go to the Treo 600 cases they show they work in the cradle. I bet the comparable 650 case does as well. You could get their "leatherskin" model and add a nice boxwave screen protector.

http://www.senacases.com/catalog/Pal...p-1-c-319.html

I ordered two of magnetic flip cases.

Micah
    Can you or anyone else post pics when they get their Sena cases?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I will post pictures of the Sena magnetflipper upon arrival. Their site says they should start shipping them on 2/2/05. I'm still waiting for a reply from them on whether that date still stands.

Micah
    How about the BoxWave flexskin, or T/C skin case? I should ask T600 users, since the 650 cradle is not out yet. Does that allow the T6oo to be plugged in the cradle?

Btw, princess. I'll work for bandwidth. How are you getting a free T650?????
  9.    #9  
    Okay, finally found Pacific Rim's website and the case for the 650 with the exposed keyboard looks to not be out quite yet. I will get it as soon as they have one and let ya'll know.

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by markyoung04; 01/19/2005 at 03:51 PM.
    Shoot! I forgot they are not shipping them yet... Oh well I guess I will order one anyway to take advantage of the preorder discount. There was another thread where people indicate the pics on the Sena site are just the prototypes, which is why I wanted to see an actual case on a phone... I will prolly order a black one!

Quote Originally Posted by jcphcf73
    I will post pictures of the Sena magnetflipper upon arrival. Their site says they should start shipping them on 2/2/05. I'm still waiting for a reply from them on whether that date still stands.
    Hey Tony... I just posted about it a few minutes ago cause it got here today, sorta... Here is the thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=69845

Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Btw, princess. I'll work for bandwidth. How are you getting a free T650?????

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    The sena cases might work for you. If you go to the Treo 600 cases they show they work in the cradle. I bet the comparable 650 case does as well. You could get their "leatherskin" model and add a nice boxwave screen protector.

http://www.senacases.com/catalog/Pal...p-1-c-319.html

I ordered two of magnetic flip cases.

Micah
    http://www.senacases.com/treo650/noflip/2k.jpg
    this case looks good but kinda thin on protection side.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=g.711]
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...6165337500.jpg
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/showSu...=10072&catid=2

This one is out and available for the Treo650. Its not for everyone and there is another post which is reviewing this case. HERE If you really want protection this is the case for you i ordered one and it was at my door in two days.
    By the ways its a very easy mod to expose the keyboard if you wish.
    It would be really nice to find a hard (aluminum) case like these above - but with a close-fitting belt clip. I have to say that I despise those gangly black plastic clips. They're held too far away from the belt, IMHO. I've been using a simple Blackberry leather pouch for my Treo for a long time now, and though it is simplistic, it holds the device very close to the hip which is quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    http://www.senacases.com/treo650/noflip/2k.jpg
    this case looks good but kinda thin on protection side.

I agree about that case. That's why I ordered the magnetflip version. I like the fact it flips down when using it as a phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (43.6 KB, 92 views)
    I agree about that case. That's why I ordered the magnetflip version. I like the fact it flips down when using it as a phone.

EXACTLY!!

I had an EB slipper for my i300 that I also used for my i330 and it was fantastic. Pop the phone off your belt (or scrubs for me), flip the wrist and it opens down and stays comepletely out of the way while you are talking.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I just wish they had put the magnets in the FLIP and not right on the earpiece... Makes it look a bit cheesy if you ask me!

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    What I don't like about either case is that the phone speaker is covered up. This dramatically reduces the sound of the phone when it rings.
    Actually there is a cutout for the speaker on both Sena cases. The upclose pics of the magnetflip model show the cutout. The pics of the leatherskin model are of a prototype...the one being released will have a cutout for speaker like the similar 600 model of it.

Micah