1.    #1  
    First, great email client. This will be the first piece of Treo software that I'm going to purchase for my new Treo 650. Its remarkably bug-free considering its beta status. One issue I've found...

(Please excuse me if this has been previously discussed)

It looks like Chatter is misidentifying itself when making outbound SMTP connections....

An example email header from an email I sent using Chatter....

Received: from www.fastmail.fm (000-027-702.area3.spcsdns.net [68.244.107.204])
    by mserver2.gmu.edu
    (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.21 (built Sep 8 2003))
    with ESMTPA id <0IAJ007FHQ8FAQ@mserver2.gmu.edu> for dgolding@xyz.com;
    Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:09:57 -0500 (EST)
    -----------

Needless to say, my Treo's address is not www.fastmail.fm Unfortunately, this sort of misidentification can trip spam checking (sender policy framework checks to be specific).

For more information on what should follow a "HELO" SMTP command, I'd check out RFC2821, Section 4.1.1.1, and in the case of Treo's, probably Section 4.1.3 on Address Literals. "HELO [treo's ip address]" would be fine.

If you need any logs, let me know.

Thanks, Dan
    Hi, Dan.

I'm really not sure what to do in this case, because I don't have a way to determine the Treo's IP address! I just use fastmail as a placeholder. If you have any suggestion, please let me know...

Marc

chatteremail@imap.cc
  3.    #3  
    Hmm. I'm not a Palm programmer, so I'm not sure of the API to use in order to retreive the Palm's IP address. Some mailers use "EHLO [127.0.0.1]" as the address literal. This should work, although it isn't strictly RFC compliant, it won't break anything. I'd do that in the short term.

You could try using the NetLibSettingGet function (http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/do...y.html#1086876) to retrieve the hostname and domain name and use those values. I havent tried this, so I'm not sure if it will work.

Thanks,Dan
    Ok, I'll check into it. Thanks.

Marc