1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 that I have been successfully using through a Monster FM Modulator to play my Pocket Tunes through my car stereo system using a Treo stereo headphone adapter to which I plug in the Monster FM modulator. When I receive or place a voice call the Pocket Tunes mutes and I can use my phone hands free using the built in mic with the other party's sound coming over my stereo speakers. However, I get a fair amount of background static at times due to congested local radio channels.

So...
    yesterday my BMW dealership installed an aux. audio input adapter with a 1/8" female port which I can now select from my car's stereo as an input source. However, when I connect my Treo 650 from the headphone adapter to this aux audio input for my car stereo using a 1/8" stereo to 1/8" stereo cable, I can play Pocket Tunes just fine but when I call someone or answer a call they cannot hear me and their audio only comes out one side of my speakers(mono). The internal mic on the Treo is not active. What is the deal? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    A signal splitter in line with your headset should take care of this. If you don't like to solder then try a 2 in 1 headset

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=splitter
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I went ahead and ordered a Seidio 2 in 1 switching adapter. However, I just don't understand why I lose the mic when I'm connecting to my car's aux input but I don't have that problem connecting to the Monster FM Modulator. In both scenarios I'm basically just connecting a 1/8" stereo patch cable to send audio externally. It's kind of a catch 22 because it works very well with the Monster setup because I don't have to fiddle with a 2 in 1 when a call comes in. I just answer the call and start talking hands free. Maybe it just isn't possible without the 2 in 1 though.