Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do you see any problem wearing this horizontally on the left side? Could I insert the phone with the screen facing my belt? Any problems with potential scratches?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Clue,

Thanks for the pics!

Lenny
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    Do you see any problem wearing this horizontally on the left side? Could I insert the phone with the screen facing my belt? Any problems with potential scratches?
    Left side is no problem. The phone fits in either way. I've worn it screen in and screen out. As for potential scratches, I don't see any, but I suppose if you wear it screen in, and then you pull the treo out a certain way, you could rub the magnetic closure that's on the flap against the screen.

I feel the screen is protected very well facing either direction in this case.

Clue
    Thanks!
    Clue,
    Yes, thanks for the pics. I am seriously considering this case now.
    Zane
    Another question, cluemeister. What kind of clip comes with the case? I have seen the spring clip on the Krussel website, and that is what I would prefer.
    Zane
  7.    #27  
    The clip I received was similar to the one I received with the formfit case. It's a locking clip. The "button" attaches to the case, and then the locking clip the button slides into hooks over your belt like a jaw. I know that's a bad description, but hopefully that helps. I'm not sure that's the clip you're looking for. You might have to order the clip you need.

Greg
    Cluemeister,

How well can you hear the phone ring without a cutout for the speaker? And can you feel the vibrate function through the leather?

Thanks

Micah
    Cluemeister,
    That sounds similar to the clip I have had on another case. That would probably work for me. I want something that can slide onto a belt, but clip onto the waistband of scrubs when I am in the office.
    Zane
    Ok, Greg. You are on the hook now. Based on your glowing report, I just ordered from JR-my birthday gift to myself.
    Zane
    Mine just arrived today. No Treo to put in it yet. But here are my initial observations:

I'm using my stand0by Nokia 3595, which fits in it pretty well. I can't believe the Treo will fit in this case. It's soooo tiny. I guess Ih ave an inflated sense of the Treo's size from all the pics and stuff.

I actually like the clip that came with it. It's VERY low profile. My main problem with clips int he past was that they "stuck up" above my beltline and poked into my side if I bent over. This one doesn't. It's barely taller than my belt is wide. Granted, if you use the belt clip, the phone will sit lower on your belt and swing freely. But I'm wearing it right now and can barely tell.

I also put it on my belt horizontally using the slots ont he back. That's how I plan to wear it most of the time. It was a tight fit. I had to abandon my wide brown belt for a thin black one. When I'm in my work casual clothes, this is the belt I wear most of the time anyhow. I'm sure things will loosen up with this case, but it was a little difficult to slide around the belt once on so I could get it in a comfy spot. Once there, however, it ain't moving anywhere.

Again, with the case hugging my beltline, it's not really inthe way.

For the price, especially, I am 200% impressed and pleased with this case.

Now, if my friggin' PHONE would just ship. hehe
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    wow this is nice, it makes the treo look so small.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    Mine just arrived today. No Treo to put in it yet. But here are my initial observations:

I'm using my stand0by Nokia 3595, which fits in it pretty well. I can't believe the Treo will fit in this case. It's soooo tiny. I guess Ih ave an inflated sense of the Treo's size from all the pics and stuff.

I actually like the clip that came with it. It's VERY low profile. My main problem with clips int he past was that they "stuck up" above my beltline and poked into my side if I bent over. This one doesn't. It's barely taller than my belt is wide. Granted, if you use the belt clip, the phone will sit lower on your belt and swing freely. But I'm wearing it right now and can barely tell.

I also put it on my belt horizontally using the slots ont he back. That's how I plan to wear it most of the time. It was a tight fit. I had to abandon my wide brown belt for a thin black one. When I'm in my work casual clothes, this is the belt I wear most of the time anyhow. I'm sure things will loosen up with this case, but it was a little difficult to slide around the belt once on so I could get it in a comfy spot. Once there, however, it ain't moving anywhere.

Again, with the case hugging my beltline, it's not really inthe way.

For the price, especially, I am 200% impressed and pleased with this case.

Now, if my friggin' PHONE would just ship. hehe

A few thoughts:

The case is small. I play in a winter golf league, (hit into a computerized image), and the week I went to league with the treo in this new case, the golf pro said, "Did you trade in your phone for a smaller one?" The elastic sides of the case will stretch with the treo, and it's a nice snug fit.

As to the belt not fitting easily, if you look at my pics, you'll see I have one of those casual braided leather belts that's thick. It is a tight fit to thread the belt through at first, but it is nice and snug. The case does not move during the day. The old spring clip on my previous formfit case would sometimes work loose after sitting in the car with it.

Clue
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcphcf73
    Cluemeister,

How well can you hear the phone ring without a cutout for the speaker? And can you feel the vibrate function through the leather?

Thanks

Micah
    Definite yes to question one. Yes to question two, but it is faint. But I do have to say I haven't missed a vibrating phone call due to not feeling it, as I did with the 600!

Clue
    Thanks for the quick reply Clue. This looks like the case I've been looking for. I wonder if a skincase will fit in it?

Micah
  16.    #36  
    It's a snug fit with the egrips, so if the skincase is thicker than egrips, it might not.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12