Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There is also a free app on PalmGear called Preferences Editor that allows you to view all the junk the developers leave in your Saved and Unsaved Preferences file. Most of the time you can tell by the names of data in them as to what application left them in there. For example, DTGP is an abbreviation for Docs To Go. Deleting these little nuggets after deleting the eval version will sometimes allow you to re-install the eval and begin the trial again. If you're going to try this, do it at your own risk. However, I strongly suggest you use Backup Buddy to save the files first in case you hose something.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    ... a person such as myself with a busy job and active personal life has less time on my hands to devote to tooling around with new software to figure out if it works properly...
    You raise a good point. I find nothing wrong with your reason.

... If I had known what a piece of junk Lightwav is ... instead of the developer fixing the features I bought their software for, they just stripped them out ...
    Thanks for the warning. I hate crappy software!

... You can send me a check for $25 in exchange for absolutely nothing if it is such a no big deal to you. ...
    You haven't helped me avoid the pain that was AgendusMail has caused the way that SnapperMail has for me. (Talk about crappy software!)

Regarding the price we pay for the phone, I made the same judgement against others and it doesn't feel great to be on the receiving end of you making the same judgement about me. I don't have a lot of money. I did
    not meant to imply that. Enough said.

Lighten up you Intolerant Developer Protectionists.
    Some are worth protecting and others, well, ... you're right.

... No one is talking about cracking software here ...
    There may be educational value in discussing how various developers implement their schemes for leaving state on the machines. I'd like to see such a discussion. Maybe we should let this thread get back on topic so ultrasonoman's question can be answered.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    ... a person such as myself with a busy job and active personal life has less time on my hands to devote to tooling around with new software to figure out if it works properly...
    You raise a good point. I find nothing wrong with your reason.

... If I had known what a piece of junk Lightwav is ... instead of the developer fixing the features I bought their software for, they just stripped them out ...
    Thanks for the warning. I hate crappy software!

... You can send me a check for $25 in exchange for absolutely nothing if it is such a no big deal to you. ...
    You haven't helped me avoid the pain that was AgendusMail has caused the way that SnapperMail has for me. (Talk about crappy software!)

Regarding the price we pay for the phone, I made the same judgement against others and it doesn't feel great to be on the receiving end of you making the same judgement about me. I don't have a lot of money. I did not meant to imply that. Enough said.

Lighten up you Intolerant Developer Protectionists.
    Some are worth protecting and others, well, ... you're right.

... No one is talking about cracking software here ...
    There may be educational value in discussing how various developers implement their schemes for leaving state on the machines. I'd like to see such a discussion. Maybe we should let this thread get back on topic so ultrasonoman's question can be answered.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12