Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there an app which let's you download and use ZIP files in Blazer? I encounter a variety of files (in this forum, or on Palmgear, etc) that have types like PRC that can be directly used by the Treo, but are in ZIP files. Blazer says there's no app on my Treo that can open them. Does anyone know of a (hopefully free) utility that let's you do this?
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Use Handzipper Lite. Sorry I'm mobile right now and canl3 look up the link. It'll allow you to unzip/install.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  3.    #4  
    Thanks for the quick answers!! Figures it's a ZIP file to download... Oh well, I'll have to wait until I get to my PC!
    Quote Originally Posted by danjb
    Thanks for the quick answers!! Figures it's a ZIP file to download... Oh well, I'll have to wait until I get to my PC!
    Send me a message with your email, and I'll email the prc file to you. You can install it from your mail program.
    I'm on my treo right now and I tried to download it and it won't work. Kinda strange that a program to download zips on your Treo is a zip. Guess I'll hae to wait and hot sync.
    Here is the app:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here is the prc portion
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thank you
    Is there an app which let's you download and use ZIP files in Blazer? I encounter a variety of files (in this forum, or on Palmgear, etc) that have types like PRC that can be directly used by the Treo, but are in ZIP files. Blazer says there's no app on my Treo that can open them. Does anyone know of a (hopefully free) utility that let's you do this?
    um....you must be a newbie...aahhh!! Yes there is,it's a freeware utility called 'handzipper(lite)' that let's you open zip files on the phone, as long as those files are palm-friendly(i.e. .prc , .pdb etc.). Many palm sites have it , I got mine from mytreo.net , this should help you out!!
    you can also use versamail to unzip files. download the file then attach it to a message, save the message as draft then go back to it, the option to unzip is now available.
    Treoing & Loving it
  11.    #12  
    Ok, next question: how come when I select an attachment in the mobile version of TreoCentral, it comes in as a PHP file, which again Blazer says it does not know how to handle? I know what a PHP file is, and suspect this has something to do with launching another window for download, but am curious why it doesn't work out of the box (or do I have something set up wrong)?
    You can also try LightNzip from www.toysoft.ca It is very fast compression. You can compress files in ram and no the card. You even do self-extracting archives.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Has anybody tried LightNzip on the 650. I purchased it but it resets my 650...
    I'm so glad I joined TreoCentral. I learn so much from other people's mistakes that I'm soon to become a full-time geek.
  15.    #16  
    Ok, next question: how come when I select an attachment in the mobile version of TreoCentral, it comes in as a PHP file, which again Blazer says it does not know how to handle?
    Can everyone else download attachments from TreoCentral Mobile directly to their 650?
    danjb Yes
    spawn Yes
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn
    Has anybody tried LightNzip on the 650. I purchased it but it resets my 650...
    when does it reset? on launch or when you zip a file?
    I have no problems running it on the T650. It is very fast.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Okay, when receiving a zip file with compressed jpg files, I choose "unzip with Handzipp" and then I get a list of the unzipped jpegs. However, I can only choose ONE at a time to open and save. In order to view the other jpegs in the file I have to repeat the process.

What is up with that? Is there a way to choose all the unzipped jpegs and open and save them to the phone?

K
    gt5l at 01/19/2005 08:26 wrote:
    > you can also use versamail to
    > unzip files

Thank you for that most useful information!
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast