1.    #1  
    Intermitant problem with doc to go and excel s sts. Can view spread sheets sometimes. Othertimes phone locks up with white screen "please wait" (then must reboot or remove battery to restart phone) or reboots itself to the palm start up screen. The DTG software was downloaded from the sprint cd that came with the phone.
    Go to the Dataviz website and check for the latest DTG update.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    rayman1,
    I have had that happen when opening a spreadsheet. I deleted the file and re-synced the desktop copy and all was well. Somehow the file had been corrupted and that caused the lockups.
    Do make sure you have the latest version of DTG.
    Zane
  4.    #4  
    I have the latest version of DTG. I deleted the spread sheets from the phone and memory card. I clicked on new sheet and the phone rebooted. I downloaded a single spread sheet and tried to open it and the phone rebooted again. Does anyone think a hard reset would help? Thanks.
    Try uninstalling DTG and reinstalling. Keep the main program in RAM rather than on the SD card. Make sure you are syncing the spreadsheet using the DTG menu option in Excel. You might also check the error code that you can get with ##377. Could you have another program that is causing the problem?
    Zane
    rayman1,
    I have had a problem with a column of calculated cells becoming locked on my 650 and being unable to unlock them. I posted a trouble ticket with Dataviz and they sent me an updated Sheet-to-Go.prc, and second prc, and a .dll for my desktop. This has seemed to correct my problem. You might want to contact Dataviz tech support about getting these files to see if it helps.
    Zane
  7.    #7  
    Zane,
    I have emailed Dataviz and await a reply. The DTG program is not on the card. How do I delete DTG from my phone? What do you mean by "check error code ##377-Do I enter that somewhere? Really appreciate your help
    Rayman
    Dataviz had a utility called DTXG Tech Tool that can be used to move Docs-to-Go to an SD card or uninstall it. I can't find it on their website, but tech support should be able to email it to you. You should also be able to delete it using the palm default launcher. In the default launcher go to Menu--Delete, and highlight the DTG icon.
    The error code is one of many ## codes that will give you info about your phone. Go to the dialpad and dial ##377 (##err) and you will get info on the cause of the last reset. This will help you pinpoint the app that is causing the problem.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'm fed up with DTG. I have the latest 7.003, and I notice when I ##377," Wordview+" seems to be the culprit. I have one lousy word doc on my card w/DTG in RAM. I read somewhere on these boards that the 650 memory tends to corrupt certain programs; that certainly seems to be the case w/DTG.
    It's off my 650, until P1 comes out with it's ROM patch.
    jasparks,
    I think that DTG is one of those apps that is best kept in RAM. I store all of my documents on my card.
    Zane
  11.    #11  
    Zane,
    I entered the error code. Sys error log reads: A crash occurred on 1/18/05 while running "Sheets toGo": Fatal Exception. I will try and delete DTG next. thanks
    Rayman
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    jasparks,
    I think that DTG is one of those apps that is best kept in RAM. I store all of my documents on my card.
    Zane
    That's exactly what I'm doing. DTG in RAM, my docs on the SD card. Probably some goofy 650 issue. Seems to also corrupt my Vindigo from time to time. I hope the upcoming P1 patch does the trick. I'm really tired of dealing with all of this.
    I was having problems with calculated cells in a spreadsheet becoming locked and emailed Dataviz about it. They sent me an updated Sheet-to-Go for my 650 and two desktop files. That initially solved the problem, but today I started getting resets trying to open the spreadsheet. I have emailed Dataviz again. Let's hope they can fix this soon.
    Zane
    I am having the same problem but it is in docstogo. My Excel file works fine. I have the latest vewrsion of Dataviz tech tool and Docs to go. If someone has a solution please post it. Is there an alternative to Dataviz?
    Grrr...

I also have the latest version of DTG in RAM. All of my documents are in the card. Moved several files using the DTG loader and hot-sync'd.

Each time I try open a file that's on the card, I get a soft reset. Then, mysteriously, another (larger) copy shows up as being in RAM (not the card).

##311 results:

A reset was caused on 1/25/05 at 12:43pm while running "WordToGo": MemoryMgr.c,Line:3740, Free handle"

DTG is one of the biggest needs for me for my T650. It worked like a charm on my T300.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I got a reply from Dataviz about the resets I started getting after updating the speadsheet program for the locked cell problem. They suspected a corrupt data file. I did the obligatory uninstall/reinstall and all is ok so far.
    Zane