1.    #1  
    Please help me free up the port. BT and hardwired Sync's do not work.

Can someone please list a step by step process to eliminate this?
    Try the steps outlined in P1's Hotsync Troubleshooting guide.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    thx will check when i get home!
    i did not read the above where you were referred to another thread but i have the same sort of problem and i just go into the bluetooth setup and see what com ports it says are available at that time, then go into hotsync setup and tell it to use one of those. for some reason they seem to change, and i'm not gonna try to figure it out because i don't use any com ports that i know of for anything so i figure, whatever...

also, don't try to hotsync via bluetooth with aol software running.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    i did not read the above where you were referred to another thread but i have the same sort of problem and i just go into the bluetooth setup and see what com ports it says are available at that time, then go into hotsync setup and tell it to use one of those. for some reason they seem to change, and i'm not gonna try to figure it out because i don't use any com ports that i know of for anything so i figure, whatever...
    Same here - but, I do use both hardware ports as well. My bt port seems to float between 5 and 8 and seems to change at each startup. Hotsync complains and I just select whatever port it picked - good from there on out till I restart again.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004