1.    #1  
    As the title suggests, I am looking for the best software to setup ringtones on the Treo 600 that will use MP3s.

Is there a freeware MP3 ringtone manager?

What is the best or favorite choice?

Thanks
    i use lightwave.
    mp3Ringer 1.21 from Toysoft works great. It has support for assigning rings for individuals and groups. It also lets has an alarm for if your SD card pops out.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Have tryed them all RINGO is by far the best of them all. But you should use Real player and a good card reader to put the MP3s ona SD card
    "God Bless YOU Do The Rest"
    Mike Anderson
    http://michaand.ProBuilderPlus.com
    I like Lightwav because I take my mp3s and make them to edited specific Wav files. This means I can choose a section of the song I want as the ringtone, and not have it always be the beginning of a song.
    lightwave
    blue jean baby, LA lady
    go with ringo pro!

it's the best app to do this job. it is not like lightwav, which need ptunes. Ringo pro has its own mp3 playback module!

and also, ringo pro can automatically truncate few seconds of mp3 into ram.
    that means the ring tone could be played without any delay.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge
    I bought lightwav awhile back and am UNHAPPY with it. I wanted to use MP3's as well as the library of MIDI's I already had. In fact, I backed off buying the first few versions until they added that feature. Once I bought it, I found that it did not always work right. Missed calls, wrong ringtones. I was told - oh this doesn't work right with MIDI's we've found so don't use them for now. The new version just came out which dropped the MIDI feature altogether. Toysoft support is basically if we can't fix a feature let's just drop it and add whatever new feature interests the programmer at the moment. Buyer beware.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Supposedly Butler does it, and you can download Real Player as the mp3 playback module for free. I'm having problems though...waiting for help off another thread.

Ringo pro is $30 (ouch!) and Butler is only $8 until Jan 31. I'll let you know if I can get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    go with ringo pro!

it's the best app to do this job. it is not like lightwav, which need ptunes. Ringo pro has its own mp3 playback module!

and also, ringo pro can automatically truncate few seconds of mp3 into ram.
    that means the ring tone could be played without any delay.
    Lightwav can put the entire song in ram. Lightwav offers more features than Ringo and its cheaper.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm trying out as many as I can, but so far I'm finding serious problems with any app that is relying on PTunes. For some reason, whenever a phone call comes in and I answer it, the MP3 continues to play through. VERY annoying!! I can only place it to the fact that PTunes is not getting the STOP command when I select Answer.

Weird, I know.

It looks Like Ringo Pro may be the way to go.
    I use lightwave, never had any problems.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter