Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I did not say live! Anyway, I have finally perfected thanks to all the advice on this great site a way to take taped shows to the TREO 650. I have a ReplayTV unit which records in Mpeg and I transfer the file over my network to my PC where I use (Virtualdub- Free) using DIVx (Free) codec to compress to 320x240. I can get 1 gb of high quality ReplayTV video to 200mb of compressed Divx. I am going to try using low quality on the ReplayTV to shrink further. I just plop in my SD 1gb card into my PC and copy the compressed file over and use MMplayer to view the video. It's great now I can take my recorded shows on the road.

Note: I use a wireless network to transfer my files (which is very slow) A hardwired approach is much better over ethernet.
    One can also use Snapstream's BeyondTV to record directly on their computer. I use it all the time and love it to death. Haven't put shows on my Treo (yet).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I forgot about this. Will have to try. At least I have the compression compression perfected. Videohlep.com is also a great help for this stuff.
  4.    #4  
    Videohelp.com Sorry.
    I use snapstream also. It is great!!!
    My best story with snapstream was this: I got out of a play two weekends ago and found the Jets game in overtime (checking on my treo, of course). I logged into my computer (on my treo) and told it to start recording. I leisurely went home and watched the end of the game. And I had set up the recording in under a minute. Priceless.
    I have been recording TV shows with Showshifter, a snapstream alternative. I then use virtual dub and X
    Boss - > Pilot -> Casioppieia A -> IIIc -> Clie SJ33 -> Treo 600
    Has anyone tried to stream the BeyondTV live over to the Treo 650 via Sprint Vision using MMPlayer? Or is that do-able? I know BeyondTV uses the Microsoft MediaEncoder to stream that over the web. In another thread, someone tried to use VLC to do that.
    It is not doable. The only thing streamable from BTV is WMV and there are no WMV players for palms. Bummer.
  10.    #10  
    I currently do not have a TV tuner card in my PC. Any recommendations?
    What are you going to use it for?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It is not doable. The only thing streamable from BTV is WMV and there are no WMV players for palms. Bummer.
    Is there any software (hopefully free) that will cnvert WMV to MPEG or AVI?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Don't know.
    I am using sage..I think the quality is better than snapstream but I used to like the snapstream interface better
    I use Snapstream as well (recompressed with VirtualDub) - works great!
    Could someone post a short sample of TV video converted for use on the Treo? I love the idea, but I'd like to see if it is worth the investment (time, pc upgrade, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    I am using sage..I think the quality is better than snapstream but I used to like the snapstream interface better
    The video quality is actually done with encoder cards, so the quality is going to be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    How about this? Run your TV tuner on your home desktop computer and connect your Treo via Win-Hand software. Thus, no need to use any type of video player on your Treo. I never used Win-Hand, does it support sound from the remote desktop?
    My bet is that this wouldn't work. I don't believe screen capture apps take images of DirectDraw things. I tried to take a screenshot of a movie once and it didn't work. The compression algorythm WinHand uses is most likely geared toward drawings and solid-color things. Not TV. I'd be curious to see what happens, though.
    When MMPLAYER gets its ability to play RSTP streams, then you can stream from your home TV over a broadband network(with a video digitizer) using video lan player(videolan.org). You should be able to do this with Macs or PCs! It will be like watch 56k streaming video, but that works for me just to show off...

-CK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast