1.    #1  
    I need help. My 650 shows the sms message icon on the phone app with a 1 beside it. I am positive that I don't have any new unread sms messages. Does anyone know how to clear this icon? Thanks.
    Do you have any 3rd party application that supports SMS...including programs like Agendus?

In Preferences, what are your Default Apps settings? Do you have Messaging set to the "Messaging" application or something else?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I had that once - a soft reset solved it....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Do you have any 3rd party application that supports SMS...including programs like Agendus?

In Preferences, what are your Default Apps settings? Do you have Messaging set to the "Messaging" application or something else?
    I have Agendus Standard installed. I believe that version doesn't support sms. Messaging is my default application.

I believe the problem started when I received an sms message yesterday. Before I answered the sms pop up screen my treo reset. The message is still considered unread but it never showed up in the sms application.

My guess is that the phone knows I received an sms message that I never read and it refuses to remove the icon until that particular none-existent message is read.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    I had that once - a soft reset solved it....
    I tried doing a soft reset with no luck.
    The only thing I have seen with a number 1 next to it is the voicemail indicator (which pops up right next to the sms indicator). Try checking your voicemail.

I'm not tryin to be a wise guy here, but I saw the VM icon with a 1 next to it on my phone - and yes I am talking about on the top of the screen, next to the time.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    The only thing I have seen with a number 1 next to it is the voicemail indicator (which pops up right next to the sms indicator). Try checking your voicemail.

I'm not tryin to be a wise guy here, but I saw the VM icon with a 1 next to it on my phone - and yes I am talking about on the top of the screen, next to the time.
    I'm familiar with the voicemail icon. This certainly is not the voicemail icon. It is located on the far left of the time on the phone app. It has a green envelope with the little red & blue picture icon on top. On top of the picture icon is a little green musical note. When I click on it it takes me straight to the sms application. I've searched all over and can't find any option to clear it.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    This has happened to me twice. I could only solve by deleting two files: SMS Messages2 and Messages Database

You lose all your saved SMSs, but the icon goes away.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    This has happened to me twice. I could only solve by deleting two files: SMS Messages2 and Messages Database

You lose all your saved SMSs, but the icon goes away.
    Thankyou! That fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
    I have Agendus Standard installed. I believe that version doesn't support sms. Messaging is my default application.

I believe the problem started when I received an sms message yesterday. Before I answered the sms pop up screen my treo reset. The message is still considered unread but it never showed up in the sms application.
    ... and your Treo probably reset yesterday because of a bug in Agendus 9
    (standard). SMS is a new feature in Agendus 9 and they seem to have screwed it up. You have a right to *complain loudly*.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    ... and your Treo probably reset yesterday because of a bug in Agendus 9
    (standard). SMS is a new feature in Agendus 9 and they seem to have screwed it up. You have a right to *complain loudly*.
    By the way this (very frustrating) bug is also present it Agendus Pro as well. If you want the default treo sms app to handle sms' (because its much better) and you get an sms while in Agendus pro, the Treo (650) will reset. Unfortunately, Iambic (makers of agendus) will not fix this until enough people complain.

http://support.iambic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12596
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me today: phone screen SMS icon says I have one new SMS (first attachment), so I tap on the icon and it takes me to the built-in SMS app where there are clearly no messages (second attachment).

The weird thing is that I'd just deleted the two aforementioned files earlier in the day to fix an obviously corrupt SMS database that was causing reboots/resets/crashes every time I received or sent a message from/to one specific number. ##377 said "Treo SMS Stub" was causing the crash. Something about trying to open a file/database that was already open.

So after deleting the two files again I seem to be back to "normal" or as close to normal as a Treo650 can get.

ERic

[Edit] No Agendus installed for me....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ERicJ; 02/11/2005 at 09:10 AM.
    I have been having the same problem as well. It would reset my device after getting an SMS when I hit GoTo or Reply. Its frustrating. But I only have Agendus 9.02 Standard. I didn't get the Pro version which handles SMS and Emails.
    I have been having the same problems (Corrupt SMS). I have never used Agendus. I wish I knew which program was conflicting.