Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow... I just got my 650 shipped to me direct from Sprint but everything is golden. I ask everyone how I sound and they say I sound clear, and are prolly tired of me asking. But I use my phone at work as well as home and in the car and out and about and so far no complaints not even from my mum, who usually always asks me to repeat myself. As for my "P" key is is firm and makes the same clickey noise as all of the rest of the keys so I am livin my life like its golden! =)

Now all I need to do is get a BT headset and I will be set.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Bought a new Sprint 650 first week of January. No Sound problems, never patched the Rom. P key ended up breaking. Returned for new one. Next phone- no noticeably sound problems but 7 days later, my P key is broken again. I don't want to scare those of you who have P keys that feel different but still work, but realize that eventually that P key is going to stick and you will probably have to replace it. Better now that when your warranty is up.
    I got my first one before Christmas, got another one during the first week of January (returned it for Mic/reset problems), that phone had the same problems and I patched it, worked okay... but my warranty was about to be up (30 day) so today I went in and got another replacement and a 30 day extended warranty.
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

•[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]•
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone
    which number should i look at to gage the later phone?
    The warranty date shown when using the ##786# code? The warranty date [12/25/04] is ~3+ weeks before the date I rec'd/activated my 650 [1/17/05]. This code also displays a field for 'activation date' but mine is blank - possibly the result of SPCS provisioning, which has been the usual exercise in 3d world bureaucracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    What number(s) on the phone are you going by to tell the later build? I just got my 1st 650 replacement and noticed the battery cover is also loose and makes a clicking sound (just like the old 650) as I type one handed with my left hand. The batt cover moves and clicks only in the left hand. I can feel and hear the cover it as I squeeze it and it is very annoying. Makes the phone feel cheap and not solid as a $600 device should. Anyone else have this compalint? I tried shimming it with folded paper towel but did not have much success. I'll have to find some thin foam and try that.
    Yes, I have this same problem! I thought I was crazy, and the Sprint rep whom I showed the problem to looked at me like I was crazy too. But this clicking battery cover thing drives me nuts truly. It really feels cheap. The Sprint Rep took my complaint as an opportunity to try to sell me a phone case! That'll fix it, yeah! Bullsh_t.

What's this return period? 30 days from date of purchase. I bought mine in another city before Xmas. Does this make a difference?

Thx
    SG
    Quote Originally Posted by scgregg
    Yes, I have this same problem! I thought I was crazy, and the Sprint rep whom I showed the problem to looked at me like I was crazy too. But this clicking battery cover thing drives me nuts truly. It really feels cheap. The Sprint Rep took my complaint as an opportunity to try to sell me a phone case! That'll fix it, yeah! Bullsh_t.

What's this return period? 30 days from date of purchase. I bought mine in another city before Xmas. Does this make a difference?

Thx
    SG
    You can fix the clicking sound that the battery cover makes very easily - I simply cut out a small section of toilet paper and folded it up to about the same size and thickness as the foam on the battery cover and kept it on the right side of the foam. This works perfectly - no clicking or creaking whatso ever...

I got my phone on thr 20th of Nov.. NO issues so far - touchwood.
    Treo 650.. the best smart phone there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1of2
    The warranty date shown when using the ##786# code? The warranty date [12/25/04] is ~3+ weeks before the date I rec'd/activated my 650 [1/17/05]. This code also displays a field for 'activation date' but mine is blank - possibly the result of SPCS provisioning, which has been the usual exercise in 3d world bureaucracy.

my date is 11-15-04 (bought it on 12/30/04)

wife's is same!

any other numbers to discern relative age/production batch?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I too was hesitant after reading hardware complaints on TC. Finally got mine on 1/8/05 and instantly fell in love. Only sound probs w/ phone were in noisy conditions w/ speakerphone on (presumably the mic is amped up), which is understandable; never flashed the ROM. Now, after exactly 32 days, the P key is broken (was soft for a while). Still works, but doesn't click. The slightest touch triggers it. Went by Sprint store today (again, 32 days old). They spent 10 mins. with it and agreed to replace it. I get the new one in 3-5 business days. I'll let you know how the new one compares when it arrives.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I purchase last week of Jan in Mississippi while on a trip. I have a problem with the P key and have a replacement on order with the local Sprint store. I did not notice a problem right away, but over time I got extra P's whenever, then random P's then I noticed the P key had no click to it like the other keys... No grief from Sprint, new one's on the way, I will have it approx end of week. Web speed is pretty quick I think, beats anything I remember of 56K, personally it seems un-worthwhile to go through any trouble to try use BT or WiFi for browsing on this device. Am in Hampton VA and where my old freebie phone was spotty for connection, this device is pretty solid. Had two drops in my home total, which isn't bad, I live on the water is this area notoriously bad all around for cell.
    Would there be any advantage to waiting a bit to get my squishy p keyed treo replaced by sprint? I'm just worried that some of these other issues won't be able to be fixed with software updates. =P
    I got my treo back in mid november and haven't had a single problem with it. I love it! Never even knew there were problems with the p key till I read this post. If you want a 650 go for it. They're amazing.
  12.    #32  
    I got my Sprint Treo 650 on January 25th. The first time I tried making a phone call I did not get a clear call on the other end. So I went ahead a use the voice patch. After that It's been all good. The hardware seems to be just great. No problems at all with anything. The Treo 650 looks very solid. I don't have reset problems and all my Clie programs work. Of course, I loaded the latest version of all my programs and I did it one by one. My only problem has been with VoiceLauncher. This crappy application was making my Treo ver unestable and I didn't know why for about a week.

I'm really happy with my Treo 650. So much that my wife is starting to hate my Treo.

Al
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    having deployed 70 treos so far, I can say all the 650s so far from Palm are the same....still on hardware rev A

Andy
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjeetsodhi
    You can fix the clicking sound that the battery cover makes very easily - I simply cut out a small section of toilet paper and folded it up to about the same size and thickness as the foam on the battery cover and kept it on the right side of the foam. This works perfectly - no clicking or creaking whatso ever...

I got my phone on thr 20th of Nov.. NO issues so far - touchwood.
    and if you are ever stranded in the woods.....
    I have the squishy P but am OK with it..but now I am finding the o beside it is ever so slightlu lower and so I get p a lot instead of o..I have to really be preceise for the o to work...anyoine else go this added to the P key issue?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm positive I have one of the original Sprint 650's. I’ve had mine since late November.

I've had a T300, T600 (which in comparison to the 300 had poorer reception and more blazer problems) and now one of the first 650's. Now that I have my applications installed correctly it works like a charm. I've got great phone reception, near error free internet, and I can not tell any difference between the "P" key and the others. From an application standpoint I'd say I'm a power user. I don't have Bluetooth so I can't speak to having any issues there.

All I can really say is after a solid 8 weeks with the device I'm still as excited and happy with it as the day it arrived - perhaps more so because I can take advantage of some of the unexpected improvements over the T600, such as the agenda view in Calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    I have the squishy P but am OK with it..but now I am finding the o beside it is ever so slightlu lower and so I get p a lot instead of o..I have to really be preceise for the o to work...anyoine else go this added to the P key issue?
    It's looks like your computer keyboard has some issues too
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12