Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    So I had my first Sprint T600 from Oct 2003 until August 2004, at which point the battery died. Sprint swapped it right away (for a refurb), but all things considered, it was a fine experience.

Unfortunately, the vibrator quit on the second one two weeks later - right when I was delivering a two day conference. Since I had to keep the ringer off, I missed all my calls. After two more trips to the Sprint store (in Paramus, NJ), they swapped it for a second refurb.

This third unit worked great until this past weekend - when the center button on the 5-way pad died. Although I can do most things with the touch screen and stylus, its much more difficult.

Of course, my original 1 year warrantee is now done. But last time I swapped, the kid behind the counter said the warrantee would be 1 year from the swap date. Can that be right?

If they do swap, I don't want a refurb. Can anyone make some suggestions on how to ensure I get a new unit?

If they won't swap, and I have to pay, should I upgrade to the 650? I only plan on using the device until October, at which point I intend to switch to a GSM provider.

Any advice appreciated.
    J
    The warranty on a refurb is, I'm pretty sure, 90 days from date of receipt if your original warranty is up.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    So basically, we need to send our Treo 600s in every 90 days to keep the warrenty going? I mean there is always something one can claim is wrong, from not being able to make calls, to random resets, to being unable to connect to GPRS (which is actually more of a carrier problem!) My second Treo is getting replaced, I guess I'll make a note and be sure to ask for another just before the 90 days is up! And keep doing that until the GSM 800 series Treos come out! (Not sure what a Treo 800 will be, but I hope it's better than the 650... maybe builtin wifi?)

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    The warranty on a refurb is, I'm pretty sure, 90 days from date of receipt if your original warranty is up.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    A Sprint PCS phone support rep told me today I do indeed have a year from the in-service date of the most replacement
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Further information: I have successfully traded in my broken 600 for yet another refurb.

And my warrantee clock is restarted as of today.

To the downside: I can not trade this in for a 650 for 18 months from today (not from the original date of my contract).