1.    #1  
    I am still waiting on the T650 gsm, but is there a proigram that allows you to launch applications w/ keyboard shortcuts? Like some_key+d would launch DTG?

Thanks.

Luke
    You can assign a program to a favorites button in the phone app, and the use Butler (formerly TreoButler) to activate that favorites button from within (almost) any program.

Another approach, which I use, is to use a program like Button Launcher, which allows you to assign multiple programs to each hard key. I have 5 programs assigned to the phone button, 4 to the calendar button, and 4 to the messaging button. To activate a program, just press the appropriate button the appropriate number of times. And there's an adjustable delay between button press and activiation so you can see what you're doing.

There are other button launchers available that let you assign multiple programs to each hard button, but have a somewhat different interface approach.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    So is there not a program out that lets you use the actual keyboard keys to launch applications?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    So is there not a program out that lets you use the actual keyboard keys to launch applications?

L
    Like what meyerweb said, you can assign keyboard keys to launch apps by assigning them in the "Favorites Button." For example, I have the "Web" assigned to my "W" key. So if I hold down "W" in the Phone app, it launches the Web.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I didn't understand. Is there a way to have this feature in any program? Or would this require yet create software?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    You should be able to assign any app to any key under Favorites. No other sofware is required to do this.
    The phone supports launching any program via a hotkey from within the Phone application *only* out of the box.

The application Butler adds the ability to use these assigned hotkeys from within any program. You'll need Butler to get what you're after, but it's cheap...$8.

-Brian