1.    #1  
    After numerous attempts to fix the inability of my 650 to connect to the PCG-V505DX Sony Vaio laptop *consistently* i.e. it will do it sometimes but not always, I will now synchronize via Bluetooth. P1 blames Sony and Sony does not have a clue as to what is going on, anyone else experiencing this issue, and how did they fix it.
    Treoing & Loving it
    That is squarely PalmOne's problem, not Sony's.

There is a problem with the Treo's BT implementation. The only "fix" is to turn BT on and off on the Treo.

We have many Vaios, inc the one you mention, and they work fine with dozens of other BT devices.

Also blame P1's continued use of serial ports. Old tech, old problems.
    I have an older Sony Vaio (no blue tooth, XP home) and I had a hell of a time getting it to hotsync. Turned out the culprit was PDANet 600, which had to be uninstalled first before it would hotsync.

Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    After numerous attempts to fix the inability of my 650 to connect to the PCG-V505DX Sony Vaio laptop *consistently* i.e. it will do it sometimes but not always, I will now synchronize via Bluetooth. P1 blames Sony and Sony does not have a clue as to what is going on, anyone else experiencing this issue, and how did they fix it.
    While PDANet 650 can cause some issues if not configed correctly, it still is due to the Treo's BT.
  5.    #5  
    Please allow me to clarify; what is not working consistently is synchronizing via USB. Using BT is working flawlessly.

Do you have PDANet installed?
    Last edited by gt5l; 01/19/2005 at 02:08 PM.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Please allow me to clarify; what is not working consistently is synchronizing via USB. Using BT is working flawlessly.
    I too am having difficulty synchronizing w/ my vaio (PCG-C1VPK, Win2000). It will synch only 20% of the time. This is a relatively new problem and I haven't added any new software to either device. Arggghhhh... so frustrating!
  7.    #7  
    I think it has to do with sony and 650 combination my 600 synced everytime. Maybe the cradle will solve this issue.

Do you have PdaNet Installed on your computer?
    Treoing & Loving it
    I have a PCG-Z1WA and the only issue I had was that it always reset my settings in the hotsync manager. I noticed that my hotsync was taking a while, like it wasnt going through. So...while it was trying to sync...I popped open my hotsync manager options and clicked the local USB option to make sure it was checked. As soon as I did that, it went through. After a dozen or so tries of doing that, for whatever reason, it stayed and I don't have to click anything anymore....WEIRD!!!
    I dont have any issue with hotsyncing to my sony TR2A laptop.
    I own a PCG-V505BX almost identical model. I think the only difference is the faster processor. I've had no problems at all with USB Hotsyncs. I actually run both a treo 650 and 600 off the same PC. That was a pain, but I got it to work great!! So no problems, Try uninstalling everything that has to do with your palm.

Then go to your device manager and see if you've got any warnings or redflags under your usb root hub, or if any kind of human interface device is screwy.

Are you going through a usb hub? do you have one connected?

Uninstall everything!!! Use the Palmone USB registry cleaner utility. Clean everything, delete everything on your master hard drive. Hard Reset your phone, and try again, but only install the PalmOne Software first. What Kind of error are you getting??
    My Sony PCG-R505JS (XP SP2) has worked flawlessly with the Treo's USB hotsync right from the start. Bluetooth (D-Link DBT-120 Rev 4) syncing has also been flawless since the initial "port in use" error that was cleared by doing a soft reset on the 650.

Neither the Sony nor my new Compaq SR1230NX desktop work for USB syncing when using a non-powered hub rather than a direct USB port.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  12.    #12  
    new device found but cannot be reconginzed, or something like that. the only way I can get it to work is if I delete all mu USB devices in device manager and search for new hardware. I have a kensington 4 button mouse installed under human interfaces and it may have something to do with it. its drivers are not XP certified! but my mouse is just as important as my treo so for know I am hotsyncing via bluetooth and I am very happy with that. when the cradle comes out I thing this issue will be resolved.
    Treoing & Loving it
    when the cradle comes out I thing this issue will be resolved.
    That's doubtful since there's essentially no functional difference between the cable and the cradle.

Check to see if there's a Power Management tab on your USB Root Hub's in Device Manager. If so, make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...