View Poll Results: Which IM software do you use?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agile Messenger

4 2.99%
  • Chatopus

5 3.73%
  • Causerie

26 19.40%
  • Verichat

77 57.46%
  • Chatter

10 7.46%
  • AOL

0 0%
  • ChitChat

2 1.49%
  • Other

10 7.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been using chatter for IM (and used verichat for a year on my treo 600, now on a treo 650).

I am trying to decide what is the best IM software to use.

The one thing I like about chatter (besides the fact I already have it) is that it does not tie up the connection except when actually sending messages so that phone calls can come through (CDMA).

causerie looks nice but I am waiting for 2.0.
    ack... i can't vote for more than one! I use chatter, causerie, and chatopus. I have tried verichat, aol aim, chitchat, and agile.

I like causerie best, followed closely by chatter and chatopus. I need background connections and multi-protocol. And yes... I'm aware that verichat would serve my needs pretty well too
    my 2 cents. - Verichat and Causerie are both good. Frankly, I do not like Jabber access to my Yahoo and MSN which chatter and chatopus does.

Causerie 2.0 has some new features like '2' way SMS, IMAP, Conferences, Bots etc. The word is that they are making it stable.

Verichat was my favorite and now Causerie....
    My vote goes for Causerie .. it is cool
    My vote is also for Causerie ..
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Kalemsoft seems to be really dropping the ball with ChitChat.

They have a broken prc on the website that is supposed to be the 'latest version' and no one from Kalemsoft has responded to any posts for a couple of weeks or more. You'd think they'd be a little more on the ball if they want thier product tested and have paying customers.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    ack... i can't vote for more than one! I use chatter, causerie, and chatopus. I have tried verichat, aol aim, chitchat, and agile.

I like causerie best, followed closely by chatter and chatopus. I need background connections and multi-protocol. And yes... I'm aware that verichat would serve my needs pretty well too
    Why do you use more than one? What are the advantages of each such that one is not good enough?
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    Kalemsoft seems to be really dropping the ball with ChitChat.

They have a broken prc on the website that is supposed to be the 'latest version' and no one from Kalemsoft has responded to any posts for a couple of weeks or more. You'd think they'd be a little more on the ball if they want thier product tested and have paying customers.
    I have also tried the ChitChat. It is also a Jabber client, similar to Chatopus.

The beta version is pretty unstable and it does not support background operation yet. But overall its UI is very graphical, sophisticated and look nice.
  9.    #9  
    bump
    My vote is also for Causerie... cool application

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    www.corsoft.com
    Treo Messenger for Yahoo! is slim, simple and FREE. Does absolutely everything I need.

www.burmeisterbrown.com
    I like Chatter but I just read on MTDN that Marc said there were only about 100 people still using it for IM. (I know that new accounts arent created.)

1. It handles the IM that I need for AIM, Yahoo and MSN.
    2. Its part of a great email program.
    3. Runs in the background without using SMS.
    i like causerie...jus wish it trasnfered files like verichat
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Verichat.

I like the interface for Causerie better, but I had some connectivity and stability problems with it.
    id love to try causerie and verichat
    but i only wanan spend my money on one
    so anyone wanna recomend me one that will just be the most stable and will use THE LEAST amount of kb...i only have a 5mb data plan and if it uses SMS its cool too.cuz i have about 500 of those a month

thanx guys
    wait...causerie is free?
    or no
    they have the prc to download
    but then its also available in the shopping center
    Heads up for Causerie. Great app.
    I think Causerie is the best,both background and features.

I am also anxiously waiting for Causerie 2.0 as I heard that it has some new features like '2' way SMS, IMAP, Conferences, Bots etc.

I faced many problems with Verichat the one avaliable in their site while using two yahoo accounts simultaneously.

We will wait see how these two will perform.
    I like Mundu IM. It is easy to use and set up and only a one time fee.

m
    Quote Originally Posted by ideas
    I think Causerie is the best,both background and features.

I am also anxiously waiting for Causerie 2.0 as I heard that it has some new features like '2' way SMS, IMAP, Conferences, Bots etc.

I faced many problems with Verichat the one avaliable in their site while using two yahoo accounts simultaneously.

We will wait see how these two will perform.
    2.0s been out for a few weeks now
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast