Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    and not even that, while i understand that the at&t t600 was locked to at&t exclusively, there's still the outside chance that it might come unlocked. i mean sure cingular acknowledges the fact that in doing so they're potentially letting other carriers have access to their handset, but i myself was also quite surprised that their version of the t600 was in fact unlocked straight out of box. so it's not impossible, just at the moment not very likely...

at the same time, one would be hard pressed to refute the info found within that knowledge base article off the palmone site. still, my store should have one in on wednesday, so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    and not even that, while i understand that the at&t t600 was locked to at&t exclusively, there's still the outside chance that it might come unlocked. i mean sure cingular acknowledges the fact that in doing so they're potentially letting other carriers have access to their handset, but i myself was also quite surprised that their version of the t600 was in fact unlocked straight out of box. so it's not impossible, just at the moment not very likely...

at the same time, one would be hard pressed to refute the info found within that knowledge base article off the palmone site. still, my store should have one in on wednesday, so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

b0tes,
    Please dont take this the wrong way, but....are you a lawyer?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Within a week, someone will have figured out how to unlock the Cingular 650....guaranteed
    I second that. The sky is falling attitude is getting a might bit old on this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by brynat
    b0tes,
    Please dont take this the wrong way, but....are you a lawyer?
    negative. like i said, i'm in wireless sales and an avid computer nerd [hardware-wise, not software], which is also why i have no doubt someone would have found a workaround for the locked, cingular-branded version of the 650 well before the actual unbranded version from palmone is readily available.

but again, i'm just speculating.

oh you can imagine the priceless look on the faces of the people that come into my store casually looking for a little information on the newest handsets. sometimes i lay the techspeak on so thick, that i'm sure they often wonder whether or not they were more confused before, or after they came to me
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234