Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Treo 650 for Cingular just days away
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/522-1.htm
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Cingular will likely release the Treo 650 next week

Damn right they will....
    They better!

<Twiddling-fingers-and-thumbs-gleefully-with-thumboard-anticipation>
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    One more hour of battery life and the ability to receive calls while surfing or accessing e-mail. There might be a few other minor differences along with the benefit of using my phone over seas (even to the remote islands of the Phillipines), but these are the main ones for me.

Plus the cool silver color.

FYI - You can receive calls while surfing or accessing email on the "regular" 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    FYI - You can receive calls while surfing or accessing email on the "regular" 650.
    Don't think so. My Sprint 650 would only give you a missed call message. I sure hope the GSM gets outsoon, as I'm sending the Sprint T650 to eBay heaven because we can't get Sprint service at our new house and I've had to dump to Cingular
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    *drives down to the american border and shakes fist at NY state*...dang you all!

drives up to the canadian border and yells "who you shaking your fist at?"

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #51  
    Well the Hand of PalmOne strikes again.. Treonauts were forced to pull the pictures...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    GSM will use EDGE, for faster data (theoretically) than the CDMA folks.
    Oh... you're assuming I will be buying the 650...

plus, T-Mobile will not be supporting EDGE for a long time. Ehh, guess I don't really care though because I'm content with my 600 (just wish it had good Bluetooth functionality like a Sony Ericcson, or a Nokia, or a Motorola, or a... etc, etc.)
    GSM you can, calls take priority and then reverts back to what you were doing at the end of the call. Can't do both but call will come through while using data.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    GSM you can, calls take priority and then reverts back to what you were doing at the end of the call. Can't do both but call will come through while using data.
    That's good to know - my office (and my wife) resent getting the voicemail message while I'm playing on the net.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Treo 650 for Cingular just days away
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/522-1.htm
    And for us Tmobile users, what type of discount can we get without switching carriers?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I think that is what I said.

Or are you saying it is possible to accept calls while surfing the net and getting e-mail using SPRINT("regular") too?
    None!

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    And for us Tmobile users, what type of discount can we get without switching carriers?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    wait, so any word yet as to whether or not the cingular treo 650 will be out of the box unlocked or at least unlockable using an app like token writer and a corresponding software/firmware update? because my cingular treo 600 came unlocked right out of the box and am currently using it on t-mo usa.

because i am a non-exclusive cingular dealer and would love to not have to fork out the full 550+ smackerooz to palm. otherwise, i'll just stick with my 600 until someone devises the workaround.
    Last edited by b0tes; 01/21/2005 at 12:16 PM. Reason: for posterity ;P
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    It's been posted many times (several by me) that there is a knowledge base article on palmOne's website that says the Cingular Treo 650 WILL BE LOCKED (no matter where you get it from). Assuming this is true (and I 100% believe that it will be) then the only course of action is buy an unlocked GSM unit from palmOne or switch to Cingular.

For those that say don't worry, someone will unlock it, I say prove it. The unlock trick that was used with the 600 required someone to reverse engineer an unlocked GSM unit to do this. So, you will need an unlocked unit available and probably at least one month for someone to do this. However, I also believe palmOne will have learned from the 600 and would fully expect that it will be harder to unlock the 650.

FYI, tokenwriter DOES NOT unlock a 600. What it does is allow you to change the signature so that a Cingular 600 can think it's an international GSM (or vis-versa) and allow you to install the ROM update you want.

Note that the AT&T 600 was locked. Using token writer you could install a Cingular, or international, or T-Mobile ROM update. But the 600 WAS STILL LOCKED to AT&T. Sorry to sound negative but I'm really amazed so many people don't get this locking thing and think it will be so easy to circumvent this. It won't be. Don't buy a unit thinking you will be easily able to switch vendors if it is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    wait, so any word yet as to whether or not the cingular treo 650 will be out of the box unlocked or at least unlockable using an app like token writer and a corresponding software/firmware update? because my cingular treo 600 came unlocked right out of the box and am currently using it on t-mo usa.

because i am a non-exclusive cingular dealer and would love to not have to fork out the full 550+ smackerooz to palm. otherwise, i'll just stick with my 600 until someone devises the workaround.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Within a week, someone will have figured out how to unlock the Cingular 650....guaranteed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast