Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    what's up w/ that?
    But the pictures are still posted here as well as on the "mytreo" site...hhmmmm. Will this phone EVER be released?
    As I stated in the other Treonauts thread, "Man, I'll be so pissed if the GSM version is delayed to mid-Feb or March...I'm wishfully hoping that PalmOne removed it from their website and asked Treonauts to remove it b/c Cingular complained that they would get less people to buy it and switch to Cingular if PalmOne advertises the unlocked version. So, I'm hoping it's still going to be released on 1/26 - 1/27.... "

I REALLY hope my assumption is right...ugh, it's amazing how a company can take so long to release a GSM version knowing it would drive a lot more sales. Yeah, yeah, I know about the stupid Sprint agreement but it's still really annoying.
    I don't get it. palmOne has pictures of the unbranded GSM on their website, so it's not like this hasn't been seen before. I'd understand if it was pictures of the Cingular branded one, but this makes absolutely no sense. What is going on??
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Treonauts Have GSM Treo 650 In Hand!

And now they are left with only the case....
    Why can't Treonauts respectfully say "F*CK YOU" to PalmOne and leave the pictures up? I mean honestly....if they have legally obtained a true GSM 650, then it should be their right to post pictures of it....honestly, what is their to hide?

What? They would threaten LEGAL ACTION for posting pictures of a phone that they have delayed OVER and OVER again, that someone FINALLY has in their hands?
    I thought Palm had pics of the GSM unit up a day or two now they are down. Maybe the telco people who have the phone prior to release have to sign something that precludes them from posting any info prior to offcial release.
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Why can't Treonauts respectfully say "F*CK YOU" to PalmOne and leave the pictures up? I mean honestly....if they have legally obtained a true GSM 650, then it should be their right to post pictures of it....honestly, what is their to hide?

What? They would threaten LEGAL ACTION for posting pictures of a phone that they have delayed OVER and OVER again, that someone FINALLY has in their hands?
    It's possible that Treonauts removed the pictures out of respect (as they wrote,) because in the future they will continue to want access to P1 so they can keep bringing us news, rumours, reviews, interviews. It might be a bit foolish to burn their bridge with P1 at this time. Just a thought.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm just as pissed at P1 as everyone else at the thought of another GSM delay! P1 needs to get their act together!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Now Treonauts site is "unavailable". The plot thickens!
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Now Treonauts site is "unavailable". The plot thickens!
    Works on my computer
    works but with old photo's "adjusted" to keep P1 happy
    i loved the way they whited out the pics. i'm sure that isn't what palm1 wanted.

palm1 is getting like apple. it isn't like we havent seen the gsm phone.

yeah, this makes no sense.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    That whiteout is hilarious. I love it.
    Can someone explain to me why the GSM model is better? I think I understand it will make calls globally, and I see they have made it a little more solid in this production run, but besides that, what is the deal?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Can someone explain to me why the GSM model is better? I think I understand it will make calls globally, and I see they have made it a little more solid in this production run, but besides that, what is the deal?
    I don't think we who are waiting for it think it is better per se. It is a preference of communcation technology. I travel overseas and like to be able to use my phone. The use of a SIM card allows me to change phones with less cost and ease than if I was tied to a CDMA/TDMA carrier.

As a phone, GSM provides a little bit longer battery life (which is also important to me as I travel constantly and my phone is the only thing that tethers me to my out of work life).
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Gizmodo has the story on their site.

http://www.gizmodo.com/#gsm-treo-650-pictures-030706
    One more hour of battery life and the ability to receive calls while surfing or accessing e-mail. There might be a few other minor differences along with the benefit of using my phone over seas (even to the remote islands of the Phillipines), but these are the main ones for me.

Plus the cool silver color.
    GSM will use EDGE, for faster data (theoretically) than the CDMA folks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast