1.    #1  
    Here are the instructions I found for this, I could not get it to work. Some of the steps are confusing me:

Item 2, Do you need Hotsync on the computer you are connecting wireless modem to?
    Item 4, I have no idea how to set up a BT modem???

I keep getting the error "Unable to pen PDA Modem Port"???

Bluetooth (BT), Hi-res screen, fully one-hand operatable, workable WWW and email... Once you have a chance to play with a Treo 650, you'll see how thoughtful the designers are, which you cannot see from any pocket PC smart phones.

I love my Treo 300, but it has no bluetooth, neither Treo 600. Here is how to make dialup via BT to Treo 650.

1)Download WirelessModem.prc (1.1.2) from http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmodem/ and sync it to Treo 650.

2)Setup on Treo 650 to use BT for HotSync, follow the very good on-phone instructions. Do a sync via BT to make sure it works. Then close HotSync on the PC. Remeber which serial port it uses.

3)Turn on WirelessModem on the phone. Select "Bluetooth" for "PDA Modem Port" and "Cradle Port" (yes, no typo here, this is the key part) for "Laptop Connected Via". Enable the modem.

4) Add a BT modem on your PC and let it use the serial port HotSync uses for BT sync.

5) Make a new dialup on PC to use this BT modem and dial #777. Done!

I'm using this setup to post this.
    Last edited by tarkwolf; 01/18/2005 at 07:04 AM.
    As far as I can tell, despite what their website says, Wmodem will not work on the 650.

There are many threads dealing with BT DUN and the Treo. Check out http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63250

You can also use a program called PDANet if you have a Windows machine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    As far as I can tell, despite what their website says, Wmodem will not work on the 650.

There are many threads dealing with BT DUN and the Treo. Check out http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63250

You can also use a program called PDANet if you have a Windows machine.
    There are two links relating to this:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ghlight=wmodem

http://www.fixup.net/talk/topic.asp?...Terms=bt,modem

The first being one you replied to. I have had great success with with Wireless modem for many years with my Treo 300 and Treo 600. I'm sure it can work with the 600 with bluetooth.. but I must be missing a setting.
    Why bother? Why not just use the btManager patched for DUN?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Item 2, Do you need Hotsync on the computer you are connecting wireless modem to?
    Item 4, I have no idea how to set up a BT modem??? [/I]
    I use wmodem to access the internet via BT on my treo650 following those instructions.

I think the whole idea of running a hotsync is to make sure you have set up BT properly on your computer and Treo.

YOu can set up a BT modem by using one of the preexisting profiles from you BT manager.

Hope this helps
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I use wmodem to access the internet via BT on my treo650 following those instructions.

I think the whole idea of running a hotsync is to make sure you have set up BT properly on your computer and Treo.

YOu can set up a BT modem by using one of the preexisting profiles from you BT manager.

Hope this helps
    I don't really know what you mean about profiles in BT Manager.. I know I have hotsync working. But the error I'm getting is: "Unable to pen PDA Modem Port" when you select "yes" in the wireless modem screen, it goes to a bluetooth screen with the bluetooth items and askes to select the proper one. I select the computer. Then it goes back to the wireless modem screen and I get the error. What do you think? I may not have the BT manager set up correctly since I dont' really know what it is.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    I don't really know what you mean about profiles in BT Manager.. I know I have hotsync working. But the error I'm getting is: "Unable to pen PDA Modem Port" when you select "yes" in the wireless modem screen, it goes to a bluetooth screen with the bluetooth items and askes to select the proper one. I select the computer. Then it goes back to the wireless modem screen and I get the error. What do you think? I may not have the BT manager set up correctly since I dont' really know what it is.

Try this Go to add remove hardware in the control panel and from there you should be able to install a BT modem.

On your Treo in wireless modem follow set #3 that you posted (select Bluetooth under PDA Modem Port and Cradle port under Laptop Connected Via)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883

Try this Go to add remove hardware in the control panel and from there you should be able to install a BT modem.

On your Treo in wireless modem follow set #3 that you posted (select Bluetooth under PDA Modem Port and Cradle port under Laptop Connected Via)
    Ok made great progress. The problem was I had just the windows drivers installed and not the Dlink bluetooth drivers.. so now Im getting there. Im at the part where I open the bluetooth modem and dial #777. I get the error 692 there si a hardware falure in the modem. What are your exact settings in wireless modem?
    Uncheck "Local" in hotSyn, so it'll not block the BT. Make sure the dlink BT driver is using the same serial port # that HotSync used.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup
    Uncheck "Local" in hotSyn, so it'll not block the BT. Make sure the dlink BT driver is using the same serial port # that HotSync used.
    When you install the modem it asks what port I must have used the incorrect one. thanks for the help. Also the other problem was I was using just the straight XP Bluetooth drivers.