1.    #1  
    I've already learned so much from all of you, but sometimes knowledge brings on even more questions.

Here's the deal: I have a Blackberry 7280 with ATT as well as the T650 with Sprint. When a GSM T650 is released (surely one of these days), could I remove the SIM from the Blackberry, place it in an unbranded T650 and have a working GSM Treo continuing to use my ATT account?
    yes... absolutely. It is one the great advantages of GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I've already learned so much from all of you, but sometimes knowledge brings on even more questions.

Here's the deal: I have a Blackberry 7280 with ATT as well as the T650 with Sprint. When a GSM T650 is released (surely one of these days), could I remove the SIM from the Blackberry, place it in an unbranded T650 and have a working GSM Treo continuing to use my ATT account?
    Yes it will work for your basic voice services, but don't expect the Blackberry e-mail service to work.

The Treo doesn't have the Blackberry Connect software yet. So you'll have to use one of the e-mail options available on the Treo (POP, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync, etc.) The Blackberry e-mail options are not yet available.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    what kind of data service do you have with that Blackberry? If you have EDGE, then it will work fine, but as stated the Blackberry "push" email will not work like that on the Treo.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    what kind of data service do you have with that Blackberry? If you have EDGE, then it will work fine, but as stated the Blackberry "push" email will not work like that on the Treo.
    Not familiar with EDGE. I have MMode, if that's what you're talking about for a data plan. Not really worried about the push technology. I'd be happy being able to use just the Treo features without having to drop the ATT account and getting another.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Correct me if I'm wrong but EDGE is an upgrade GPRS for GSM phones. Getting EDGE speeds is a matter of having an EDGE device (like the GSM Treo 650) and using it with an EDGE provide (like ATT) and it has nothing really to do with your Blackberry. Also, a non EDGE device (like the GSM 600) will work with ATT but at the slower GPRS speeds, and an EDGE device (like the GSM 650) will work on a non EDGE GSM provider's network like T-Mobile.

Jazzi the long and the short of it is that your ATT SIM will work with an unlocked GSM 650. You say you have an ATT account so you should also get the speed benefits of the ATT EDGE network when you do this, and as stated by others the PUSH email functionality of the Blackberry is another matter. You will not automatically get PUSH emails, although P1 is supposed to offer Blackberry connect for the 650 at a later date.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins

Jazzi the long and the short of it is that your ATT SIM will work with an unlocked GSM 650. You say you have an ATT account so you should also get the speed benefits of the ATT EDGE network when you do this, and as stated by others the PUSH email functionality of the Blackberry is another matter. You will not automatically get PUSH emails, although P1 is supposed to offer Blackberry connect for the 650 at a later date.
    That's great. I'm bored with the push technology anyway. I get so much email that I don't have the time in the day to keep up with them. If everything else transfers to the TREO, I'll be happy.
    Treo 650 works great on ATTWS. You will just need to find one that will work with that old SIM. Good luck. I think you will be happy once you do.