Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As much as I like the 650, I'm dismayed to see such an advanced phone ship without any voice dialing. I remember my old samsung that I got in summer of 2000 could record names and match them up to records. My next samsung had speaker independent voice dialing. The treo has nothing. Why is that?
    It does come with voice dial. software is included. dial bynumber free, dial by name some fee, don't recall.
  3.    #3  
    How do you get to it? I didn't see it in any of the menus.
    I am GSM so I don't hv it yet. Should be part of software package included with ur phone.
    do a search on voice dial and you will find numerous threads
    It is located on the disc that came with the phone and manual. If you look in the manual it will tell you all about the install proceedure and the trial period and the cost and anything else that you might wonder about.
    It is a great program.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    It is located on the disc that came with the phone and manual. If you look in the manual it will tell you all about the install proceedure and the trial period and the cost and anything else that you might wonder about.
    It is a great program.
    Curt
    If you have trouble finding it, you can get it from the P1 page:

P1 Voice Dialing
    Anyone know how it works with a BlueTooth headset? I should test it myself I guess. Still curious to see what results others have had.
    The 650 uses the bluetooth 1.1 standard, which does not utilize voice dialing. Although, the hardware itself can support the more up-to-date (not four years old) 1.2 specification that DOES support voice-dialing, but its up to PalmOne if we ever get an update that does this....
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_vag
    As much as I like the 650, I'm dismayed to see such an advanced phone ship without any voice dialing. I remember my old samsung that I got in summer of 2000 could record names and match them up to records. My next samsung had speaker independent voice dialing. The treo has nothing. Why is that?

Check out Voice Dialer at www.groverind.com A new updated version for the T650 should be released soon.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Anyone have good results with the voice dial applications? I tried it a few times, it was very innacurate, so I gave up on it.

I had a TP3000 four years ago that just let you record voice names and then same them back and it would voice dial, that would be ideal...
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    Anyone have good results with the voice dial applications? I tried it a few times, it was very innacurate, so I gave up on it.

I had a TP3000 four years ago that just let you record voice names and then same them back and it would voice dial, that would be ideal...

I have been using the VoiceDial application from Palm's site since before Christmas and it has been extremely accurate.
    voiceDial will not work from bt headset w/o launching the app first.

I use voice dialing on the T650 with a bluetooth headset. You have to first launch voiceDial (side button), tap the phone button on your headset to connect to the phone then say a name or number. It works every time.
    Somehow it seems wrong that a phone as expensive as the Treo doesn't come with it for free, when a lot of cheapo phones do. I know natural speaking is all good, but that still seems lame. How much does it cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Check out Voice Dialer at www.groverind.com A new updated version for the T650 should be released soon.
    I am beta testing it, so far so good...
    I think Voice Dial is (next to Butler) one of the most important add-ons for the 650. I agree that it should have been included but it is well worth the $20. It is superior to other programs in that it does not need any training to start dialing contacts and it only needs minimal training to start dialing digits. No need to painstakingly record tags for each contact. Just speak clearly and I've found it amazingly accurate (even in the car)! I cannot imagine an easier voice dialing system. I migrated from a Kyocera 7135 and never really used voice dialing because of the need to record for each contact...now I find voice dialing indispensable!
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    Somehow it seems wrong that a phone as expensive as the Treo doesn't come with it for free, when a lot of cheapo phones do. I know natural speaking is all good, but that still seems lame. How much does it cost?

I do agree that it should be free. But, I can't complain too much about the $20. On all the other "cheap" phones that I have had that did have voice dialing, they were limited from 20 to 50 names or so. Considering with VoiceDial for the Treo, your limitation is the number of contacts you have, that's not too bad of an investment.
    What's the bottom line for those of us who want to use Bluetooth with voicedialing? The objective is to push one button and say the name, just as on those phones that cost 1/4 as much as this one!

Will Grover's "pro" version at $35 do that? PalmOne's? MFW's? If so, with which of the BT headsets? Remember - the objective is ONE button and speak.
    Does anyone know a way to launch the voice dila program from the BT headset? I agree, one button would be the ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I do agree that it should be free. But, I can't complain too much about the $20. On all the other "cheap" phones that I have had that did have voice dialing, they were limited from 20 to 50 names or so. Considering with VoiceDial for the Treo, your limitation is the number of contacts you have, that's not too bad of an investment.
    My biggest complaint is that it's only that case for those that use the Contacts app. For those of us that use something else (e.g., KeySuite) we're screwed as the voice dialer won't search that database.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast